IPTV which way to go?

Clippy

So, fired BTTV off last week and I'm going with IPTV. I have a ZGemma box which has sat in a drawer since it all went tits up, I also have a Firestick. Which would you suggest I go with. Could anybody suggest any YouTube/online guides to set these devices up. I just about managed to wing it with the ZGemma last time around, updating channel lists etc.. Thanks, any input would be gratefully received.

If you take a few test I’m sure they will ask what you are using
And will give you information how to install it

Well a good agent will give you info

What zgemma box have you got theres different ways for iptv if you would like the sly look then I would use zgemma with iptv all linked to epg firesticks the best app I prefer to use is stb emulator which has the layout of a mag box and can have epg but prefer zgemma over fire stick as you can hard wire straight from router where as firesticks run off WiFi there is tutorials on youtube for iptv

Ah, got a really good recommendation for a supplier from a mate who hasn't had any trouble but he mainly runs it through his phone. So I would be setting this up although I intend asking when I sign up.

bazcfc1 it's a ZGemma H.S and would probably prefer hard wiring, used to have the Sly epg and loved it. I take it you can use this for IPTV?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I use a zgemma h2s with remaining sly channels and iptv all linked to epg for sports movies box office events and American TV shows

Like I said, always felt a bit out of my depth when it came to messing with this box, it's not that I don't like to get my hands dirty it's the mind blowing number of options and tweaks that intimidate me and the fact it can go tits up quite easily. For instance I don't even know wether I need to update the box when I dig it out and plug it in and if I do where to start with that!! Gives me nightmares.

Depends on what image you have on there is newer images out i always prefer to reflash mine or update online if using wooshbuild or ipab image we've all been there I used to have to get my supplier to sort my box out but with help and guidance from reliable members on here it's become a lot more easier for me myself to do

A zgemma will do the job i would get a dedicated iptv box. You could get a mag 322/323 for £62.00. These are very simple to setup just give your supplier the box mac id and enter the url they send you. Job done. Use your fire stick and add terrarium tv and real de-bird and you will have everything you will ever need for about £12.00 per month.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I will be sticking with the ZGemma and adding an IPTV Stream to that. Hopefully things will go well, fingers crossed.

The added bonus of using an Enigma 2 box is you have the full Sly look and the added bonus of IPTV player and TSmedia player for movies and tv shows.

OK the nitty gritty bit, I have a stream somewhere up and running, they have the mac address of my ZGemma, do I need to download an app/plugin to view it? The box is working fine with Freesat and I have the Slyk skin.

Ok,so this is for IPTV. If you have given your supplier the mac address of your box they should send you an app or tell you how to install one so you would need to speak to your supplier.

Did a little more digging on their site, there are Android apps one of them being a STBEMU and a Kodi app, stupid question but which do I need for my ZGemma?

Did a little more digging on their site, there are Android apps one of them being a STBEMU and a Kodi app, stupid question but which do I need for my ZGemma?

None of those mate either a m3u line to add via Telnet/putty or if the use Xtreme plugin to send them a mac address of your box.

None of those mate either a m3u line to add via Telnet/putty or if the use Xtreme plugin to send them a mac address of your box.
Thanks, I have PuTTY on my pc, if I just get the Xtreme plugin would that work, think I have seen it in the add plugins on my box?

Back