ireland to blame

firsthand

VIP Member
is roy trying to make friends or is he very bitter?

Roy Keane believes Ireland’s have only themselves to blame for failing to qualify for the World Cup and said they should "get over it". In a withering attacking on John Delaney he has accused the FAI chief executive of double standards in trying to get the game against France replayed.

Keane also refused to condemn France captain Thierry Henry, who handled the ball in the build up to their winning goal, and instead pointed the finger of blame at Ireland’s poor defending and earlier wasted chances.

“Ireland had chances at Croke Park and in Paris but didn’t take them," the former Ireland captain said. “France were there for the taking but Ireland never grabbed it – as usual. :whistling:

dee he's a very bitter man towards the FAI , and he looks down on the players there now, no doubting his talent as a player. as a manager he can't communicate with his players and is in trouble at ipswitch, and the difference between a world class player and the players Ireland have ,is we need maybe 3-4 chances to score the one goal, but still our pride and honesty no team can match.
so sit this one out keano :no no:

Phone incident was very funny cheers Rocky! The link on your post doesn't work for me so just in case anyone else wants it it's here thanks to Rocky.

Code:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8370327.stm

he says "get over it" and then brings up saipan when he walk out on team ,go away keane and start getting ready for league 1 football

Sticking my head on the chopping block here, but i have to say that i agree with every word Roy Keane said in the interview,looking back at the qualifiers,the Two 0-0 Draws with montenegro absolutely murdered our chances of automatic qualification, We had Italy at our mercy long before we even came up against france and should have settled it all there and then by automatically Qualifying.

And we all knew in our hearts that when Paul Mc Shane went onto the field it would be only a matter of time before he would Fook it up,Roy is right when he says about not letting the ball bounce, or your keeper coming out to dominate his 6 yard box.
These are some of the most basic rules you are taught when you are starting to play the game, He is also right about the FAI,with their double standards, we were given a huge reprieve with a very dodgy penalty in Georgia, which at the time i was delighted with the three points, i was also a bit embarrassed about the way it was given.
Once the emotions of injustice subside a lot of people should look back at this qualifying campaign and see where the real mistakes were made.

06/09/08 18:00 Georgia 1:2 (0:1) Republic of Ireland
10/09/08 19:00 Montenegro 0:0 Republic of Ireland
15/10/08 19:45 Republic of Ireland 1:0 (1:0) Cyprus
11/02/09 19:45 Republic of Ireland 2:1 (0:1) Georgia
28/03/09 19:45 Republic of Ireland 1:1 (1:0) Bulgaria
01/04/09 20:50 Italy 1:1 (1:0) Republic of Ireland
06/06/09 20:30 Bulgaria 1:1 (1:1) Republic of Ireland
05/09/09 21:30 Cyprus 1:2 (1:1) Republic of Ireland
10/10/09 20:00 Republic of Ireland 2:2 (1:1)
14/10/09 19:00 Republic of Ireland 0:0 Montenegro

So go on lads and get it over with - Am waiting for the hammering to start right about now..................:)

for a minute when i read the thread title i thought that i was going to have to sing stephen irelands praises and his rights to play or not to play for his country.

but as it is roy is somewhat right in that it was in our own hands earlier in the group.
is karma a reason for the fai getting its just deserts...who cares roy, go back to your lunch of lemons..

its a pity keane didnt have that opinion of mcshane when HE paid £10 million for him ,he might have saved sunderland a few bob ,never thought i'd ever agree with dunphy but he was right all keane is now is a media junkie "we are laughing at you not with you" now keane

Back