Is 35mb/s Good Enough

nickyboy4

I'm trying to put my mate's mind at rest so i'll ask the experts. He's on sly, 35mb/s dl and 8 u/l on average with a 9ms ping, mostly on the 3pm games he's getting occasional stuttering and buffering, it happens on both his connections, all the obvious stuff has been done like cache emptying on the app and turning off shield, he's connected by ethernet and there are only a couple of phones connected on wireless, he hasn't got a vpn, is that sort of speed ok for iptv or should he try to get his package upgraded? cheers

That speed should be more than enough for streaming. It's probably a provider issue. Are both connections from the same provider?
In any case most providers have occasional stutters on tootball games.

Different providers, having been around iptv for a while i think it's a mountain out of a molehill kind of thing, i get an occasional stutter myself, i just live with it!

The simple answer is it depends what other people are doing on the Internet at the same time. E.g playing games, watching you tube etc.

It should be ok if it's constant do the usual stuff.

1. Clear cache
2. Reboot router
3. Restart device

Extra precaution make sure child safe is switched off. It's called different things by ISPs

It should be more than fine. I'm currently getting about 50mbps as that is the best in my area and running a formuler off a mesh wifi system with no problems.

You could try a vpn that will keep your speed constant. Personally I don't like WiFi for iptv unless you have a good signal and good speeds.

Back