Is A Zgemma Box Right For Me

Flemic88

I've had an openbox v8 for a year now but would like to upgrade to something I can record on and watch a different channel at same time. Would also like something I don't have to update channel list every few weeks. I'm not very technically minded so would hate to spend money on a box and then not be able to set it up. Any recommendations would be great.

if you're on a limited budget then zgemma may be your best option. Easy to set up also, plenty of guides and tips in the zgemma section

You have mentioned Zgemma, so the Zgemma fan club will be on the way
to tell you they are ace lol

You could also have a look at the Edision OS mini twin tuner £100 with official
vix support and 2 yr warranty from WOS

Cheers guys had a look at the Edison OS mini looks good. Few extras on WOS would I need the Hdd? Could I not record to usb? Also it offers a list of option to come pre flashed what does this mean? And what's best option?
Sorry if these question are very basic my brain is very basic lol :whistling:

Pre-Flashed means they will load Vix onto the box, you can attach a USB to record too.

Now for the zgemma posse to tell me and bee's we are mad and you should buy a zgemma, lol

Pre-Flashed means they will load Vix onto the box, you can attach a USB to record too.

Now for the zgemma posse to tell me and bee's we are mad and you should buy a zgemma, lol

What's vix? Lol
Maybe I should just pretend to buy a Zgemma box so I don't get targeted by the Z mafia?

Recording to a USB stick can sometimes cause synch issues between the
picture and sound, especially if you fast forward through adverts etc.

I tend to use a USB 3.0 external Hdd (Toshiba are pretty good for the price, never had any issues) they are quicker.

Order it pre flashed with Openvix

Openvix is the program that runs all the menus in the box, Zgemma use a modified Vix image
which the writers of the image aren't happy about to say the least lol

There is a guide here

It's for a "combo" sat and cable box.

If you get a twin sat box set both tuners the same and just ignore the cable parts of the guide

The guide is easy to follow once you have the box in front of you (y)

Lucky we caught you early !! ROFL

Last edited:
So if a box comes preflashed with open vix does that mean it will work straight out of the box? Its not going to be that simple is it? :(

What do you have to do if you buy one of these preflashed boxes to then get it working? Ie playing S*Y? Thanks!

Ah,the reply above has appeared! Thanks.

Last edited:
I've had an openbox v8 for a year now but would like to upgrade to something I can record on and watch a different channel at same time. Would also like something I don't have to update channel list every few weeks. I'm not very technically minded so would hate to spend money on a box and then not be able to set it up. Any recommendations would be great.

Ditch the V8S Openbox & go with the zgemma, setup is fairly easy after you done it a couple of times. If you need any help setting it up, shoot me a pm & I'll be glad to oblige. I've tried the F5s, V6S, M5, V8S all in the last year & must say Zgemmas are deffo the best, lot more stable. You'd never go back to Openbox after you've tried a Zgemma lol

You have mentioned Zgemma, so the Zgemma fan club will be on the way
to tell you they are ace lol

You could also have a look at the Edision OS mini twin tuner £100 with official
vix support and 2 yr warranty from WOS

Your the one that's always attacking the zgemmas lol the edison does look like a great box plus the £10 to £15 price difference for the h.2s and the edison seems to make it a good choice expecially with vix support

I don't attack Zgemma, but I have set one up for a mate and I don't rate them compared to any box
with official Vix support, the menus just aren't as good and they are slower changing channels and scrolling through the EPG.

People may quote comparable chip speeds etc but using them you can tell the difference.

My old LX 2 (now sold and discontinued) which is about 2-3 yrs old now still performed better.

I could understand why people would go for them when the price difference was about £40
but now for the extra £15 on a twin tuner I would go for the cheapest Vix box like the Edision, you can just tell the difference.

The more expensive boxes are better again.

When KV looked like it was dead and buried or for people who only want a single tuner but a better EPG than the Openboxes or Blades there
is basically no price difference with the miraclebox which is streets ahead of the Zgemma

And I can't help myself having a little go now and again, cause loads of newbies get so excited about them, and they haven't seen what else is out there.

They wear Zgemma beer goggles lol

I just like checking out loads of different boxes and try to see how they rate against each other, and I've tried plenty lol

Last edited:
Back