Is anyone good with PS4 and the ps network?

ben_edwards

Hi, I’ve just bought my son a PS4. I’ve got one myself as well. He’s obsessed with a new game called fortnight so bought him his own PS4 to play it in his room. Anyway.
I’ve set his up in his name, all his date of birth and everything and me as a parental guidance. I tried to download the game for him but it doesn’t come up on his account but it does on mine. I’m guessing because he’s under 18 and I put his really DOB in when I set it up. Is there a way around this or if I download it under my name on his PS4 will it be there for him to use under his name?

Thanks for any help

When you say it doesn't come up on his account, do you mean it isn't showing on the PS4 "main menu" when on his account?

The game is PEGI 12 so if you have the DOB on an age of under 12, then maybe that might be why it doesn't show up?

When on his account if I try to search for the game it won’t come up at all. He’s 10 so It must be the age. I tried to search for gtaV and same thing.
Do you now if I downloaded it under my account on his PS4 it would be there for him to use under his name?

you cant get any age restricted games on an under the age account,
I had this with my lad, so had to make another account for him with the year dutifully changed to make him 12

Thought as much. Kicking my self for putting the right age in now. From what I’ve read there’s not a way to change the age either once you’ve created an account

Thought as much. Kicking my self for putting the right age in now. From what I’ve read there’s not a way to change the age either once you’ve created an account

I done the exact same,
but, as long as you have the family management account on his PS4 in your name, just log on and make another one for him, he will have to use a different screen name, but that seemed to be the only issue we had
and, he simply had to accept that, or not be able to play the game.
can you guess which he choose..................... :cool:

I’ve set it up using the family management thing as well. It contains his email address though so I’m guessing I’ll have to make a new email for him as well. Might just be easier to start from scratch? I’ll make him 45 next time haha

I’ve set it up using the family management thing as well. It contains his email address though so I’m guessing I’ll have to make a new email for him as well. Might just be easier to start from scratch? I’ll make him 45 next time haha
I dont think the e.mail was an issue,
he uses mums e.mail, and I dont remember her saying anything different.

no worries bud,
I had the same fk up, got my ear bent quite a bit from the missus about it,,,,,,,
but, I eventually got it sorted, and, I'm not the most tech savvy guy around, lol

OH, there is also an age allowance thing you may need to set as to what age games an account can play,
make sure that is set high enough too,

easiest way around it is too setup youre account on his ps4 aswell but password youre acc so he cant get onto it and create another acc on his ps4 with a 18+ DOB then he wont have too pay for an acc too play online either :)

Back