Is anyone on here clued up with log burners / an installer perhaps?

Yeah cheers buddy, we will be armed with all relevant documentation and details of the install right down to every product and process used and will be taking images throughout :)
Oh, the one thing he did say, and I forgot, if you are using an existing chimney then it either needs certified, or a certified liner fitted, a gas liner is NOT permitted, but you probably know that anyway.

Reactions: ste
Oh, the one thing he did say, and I forgot, if you are using an existing chimney then it either needs certified, or a certified liner fitted, a gas liner is NOT permitted, but you probably know that anyway.

The chimney was recently sweeped and smoke tested but still, we will be lining the chimney with a flue suitable for the appliance so the integrity of the chimney is obsolete anyway.

The chimney was recently sweeped and smoke tested but still, we will be lining the chimney with a flue suitable for the appliance so the integrity of the chimney is obsolete anyway.
Where did you get the chimney sweep from?
Mine needs doing, it hardly draws now unless I leave the door open a few mm.
Think there's a dead pigeon or two lodged up there.
Had a leak when I first started using it, little bit of a smoky smell in bedroom above but I fixed that by taking a few floorboards up and rendering the part of chimney between cieling and floor.

Where did you get the chimney sweep from?
Mine needs doing, it hardly draws now unless I leave the door open a few mm.
Think there's a dead pigeon or two lodged up there.
Had a leak when I first started using it, little bit of a smoky smell in bedroom above but I fixed that by taking a few floorboards up and rendering the part of chimney between cieling and floor.
I’ve recently had my flue swept for the first time since installation about 5 yrs ago. Sweep was easy enough to find on google, cost £50. What was interesting was the sweep asked where my registered plate was? It’s supposed to be near the electric board apparently, I thought it was supposed to be by the burner but ours is with the documentation that came when we had it all installed. We also got a “box ticked” sheet of A4 paper with a specific ref number that would be required for insurance purposes.
Also to add, we recently had the CO alarm, that has to be within specific parameters of the fire, actuate. This was down to a problem with our boiler (6yrs old) which had been recently serviced and not the multi burner. We now have CO and smoke detectors fitted.

A register plate is the metal bit that the flue goes through, I've always assumed it was to stop crap falling down the chimney and killing the dog on the rug or p!SS off the Christmas morning present openers.
Co and smoke alarms are so cheap now that you'd have to be an idiot not to have several dotted around the house, everything's practically foolproof which kind of takes the fun out of it.
I'd rather know I was robbing the gas company of profits and risk death than rob them of profits and be safe in my bed.
I like risking death, providing it might rob someone of profit, it's the cut of my jib.

A register plate is the metal bit that the flue goes through….
That plate is also supposed to be air tight to help with the “draw”. It also stops the insulation of the flue, if fitted, from falling down.
There’s a metal plate with specific details regarding your installation on it which I can’t remember at the moment, qualified installers are supposed to give you it on completion of the job. I may have named it wrong, I’ll have to dig it out of the loft and get the details.
Regarding sweeps, there’s a guy I know who’s a tree surgeon has enrolled in a course to qualify as a C/S. 4 month waiting list and £2K to get on it!

Hi all we are getting are multi stove took out as every year we get the chimney sweeped the hetas guy says something new like where to move our Co2 alarm . Move the hearth now it's the wooden mantle that's is built into the fireplace it too close to the flue. So we are opting for a open fire now . Let's see the Regs around this 🤯😵‍💫😂

Back