Is card sharing still an option?

I have used IPTV but it's very fineky (cause internet tv is a bit fineky in general in my experience, probably cause am using Virgin Broadband),

So I'm wondering if Sky card sharing is still an option

c/s still an option but not for uk channels
What UK channels arnt available apart from sly owned. so does that mean Bbc1 2 itv ect not available as there uk channels plus still a good 100 UK channels available on c/s.
@Sherbie-kun theres a fair few left just not sly sports sly movies ect still worth having and a decent sub for iptv for remainder of premium channels just don't go with people trying to get post count up :unsure::unsure:(y)

What UK channels arnt available apart from sly owned. so does that mean Bbc1 2 itv ect not available as there uk channels plus still a good 100 UK channels available on c/s.
@Sherbie-kun theres a fair few left just not sly sports sly movies ect still worth having and a decent sub for iptv for remainder of premium channels just don't go with people trying to get post count up :unsure::unsure:(y)

sly uk - limited channels only. its ok for some but no for others like the op as im guessing thats why they went to iptv to get the channels that were not on sat/cable

Cable is gone and sly has limited channels on c/s still decent one tbh.

IPTV is main option tbh but you can have c/s through motorised or multi lnb setups which are euro sats giving you manyu thousands of channels. Again this wont be for everyone.

virgin, along with other isp's will be doing their best to shut down IPTV streams, & they'll get more effective soon. They manage to disrupt ppv events quite well when they put the effort in.

virgin, along with other isp's will be doing their best to shut down IPTV streams, & they'll get more effective soon. They manage to disrupt ppv events quite well when they put the effort in.

IPTV providers will always be a step ahead of these fat cats so to speak.

If you find the best providers IPTV is far more reliable than card sharing was. I remember my provider switching accounts frequently when card sharing was on the go.

IPTV providers will always be a step ahead of these fat cats so to speak.
Since IPTV streams are hopped from a small number of common servers, it is technically much easier to disrupt than C/S was. Given this & the fact that most providers are just resellers, if a server got seized or shut down, it could cause a massive blackout.......ISP providers will come under increasing pressure to block streams & identify equipment used to stream IPTV & disrupt the connections through their routers. At the moment, IPTV is the only option for pirated TV (C/S is virtually dead for sat & cable) so there will be a massive focus from SKY etc to combat this remaining route for piracy. Then what will be the next method? For instance, C/S was a method that only a very few individuals with expert knowledge were able to exploit & that route has been shut down effectively & permanently.......Sky have lost hundreds of millions from subs due to covid restrictions & they will be giving their full attention & resources to shutting down this last remaining platform for piracy. If the billionaire "fat cats" were denied a monopoly & weren't so greedy, they'd realise they have always had the ability to put a stop to piracy.........simply by charging a fair, affordable price, by ceasing their practice of locking people into lengthy contracts & by allowing 3rd party hardware. I've been an enthusiast in pirate TV since the launch of sky....blockers, hacked cards, D2mach, cable boxes etc but they have all been beaten........can't see what the next method will be if IPTV loses viability.

Great post Louis Cypher, it would be great to see Sky and VM and BT making their services more affordable, but I think they would rather spend massive amounts of money on trying to stop or hamper IPTV services, than the more sensible thing of lowering their prices to attract more customers, their plan being if they got a stop to iptv, then they will still get the new punters, but at the over inflated prices.

Great post Louis Cypher, it would be great to see Sky and VM and BT making their services more affordable, but I think they would rather spend massive amounts of money on trying to stop or hamper IPTV services, than the more sensible thing of lowering their prices to attract more customers, their plan being if they got a stop to iptv, then they will still get the new punters, but at the over inflated prices.
Yep, you're right. It is a blinkered strategy....but like so many other corporations, their intention is to lock you in to their ecosystem....cheap boxes & routers, out of date hardware, restrictive software & all presented as cutting edge tech lol.

Back