Is Hola Free VPN as dangerous as they say?

Taylerlee

I already use PureVPN with my streaming apps but recently got hold of a cheap HULU sub. PureVPN unfortunately doesnt help as although its fine for security when streaming its no good for unblocking HULU. Therefore I tried Hola (mainly because its free!) and to my surprise a couple of minutes later I was watching HULU. Unfortunately it goes downhill from here as I started reading reviews on Hola and discovered it doesnt use any encryption protocols and simply uses P2P therefore you dont hide your IP address you will just be using someone else's whilst some stranger uses yours. Now notwithstanding these dangers it is FREE and they have been operating since 2012 and now claim over 180 million users! So my question to the forum is am I paranoid, should I take advantage of the free VPN Hola and enjoy HULU (£2 per month) whilst in the UK or should I be suspicious due to the reviews and after all 'you get nothing for nothing'

At the end of the day I am only interested in the discussion as HULU isnt that good and I have plenty to watch without it but I was just intrigued how quickly and easily it unblocked HULU and for free. Anyway it passed sometime on whilst in lockdown. LOL

Back