Is my Zgemma box faulty?

newby

Hi I have a problem working out if my Zgemma star H1 box is faulty. I have been getting really bad glitching (all channels,hd and non hd)for nearly 3 weeks . I have tried everything i can think of... Installed a new image(Openatv6.2),replaced the ethernet and internet cables. Reset the modem,router trying out different test lines on different softcams (oscam ,mgcamd). It still glitches like mad.I am on VM cable . Can someone please suggest anything i might have forgotten , or could do to make sure if i have a faulty box,and should start looking for another one ?

it's unlikely to be the box, when you say glithing, do you mean stop/start/freeze or do you mean pixellation like this;

pixelation01.jpg
pixellation is not the box, or the line, it's the splitter and/or the cable to/from it
you need eithe a Tratec, Technetix or Labgear splitter, all others are a waste of time for cable TV
if it's not the splitter, it could be your power levels, have you checked them in the router?
on the side or bottom of the router there should be a 'settings password'
type 192.168.0.1 into a browser and click enter, use that password to log into the router

advanced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab
copy and paste the snr and dbmv data here

Hi Thanks for the suggestions! I dont know if my splitter works ok, but internet etc all works fine. TV and picture was working fine till 3 weeks ago. I will get one of those splitters you have recommended as mine is a Konig. I have replaced the cable with new ones (bought ready made) Im not sure if i have pixalation or glitching, but i have photos of what it sort of looks like. IMG_0137.JPGIMG_0139.JPGIMG_0141.JPG IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0166.JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0169.JPG I dont have the virgin hub as a router ,only as a modem and have my own router, and i cant see any snr or dbmv in the config page unfortunately. Channels 1-5 in SD seems fine but in HD its glitches on 2,4 and 5 .
Thank you for all your suggestions again

if you have a Screwfix near you, get a Labgear splitter for about £5, failing that, you'll need to order one of the other two from the internet.
this is 100% the fault of the splitter or the cables.
When you say you got new cables, if they were the cheap nasty ones sold on ebay and other sites, they are useless, you need decent quality cables

Hi Yes there is a screwfix and will get one. Is it better to go for a splitter 5-1000 or 5-2400 mhz? .The cables were from ebay and they were fairly cheap.The cable that connects from the wall(virgin) to the splitter is from virgins original installation from 10yrs ago. Any suggestions on what a good cable is please?
Thanks

Hi Just an update. I got a Labgear splitter from Screwfix and some new cables ,but it still glitches/pixilates a lot. I did take it to a mates last night and connected it ,and it still glitches etc ,like it does at mine. Is this a clue to a faulty box? Do i factory reset maybe?
Thank you

Hi Just an update. I got a Labgear splitter from Screwfix and some new cables ,but it still glitches/pixilates a lot. I did take it to a mates last night and connected it ,and it still glitches etc ,like it does at mine. Is this a clue to a faulty box? Do i factory reset maybe?
Thank you

No you don't factory reset any enigma box, if it pixellates at both houses and with new cables and splitter then it could be a tuner issue, the H1 is an old box...I recently purchased a H2h from ebay, brand new and delivered for £56

If you have good splitters and cables and it keeps doing it on the "same set of channels"
while others work fine sounds like the tuner

I tried site sponsor but could only find the 'buy 10 for £499' so ordered one from ebay, the site sponsor now has single units for £56:
https://www.zgemma.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=60&tag=h.2h
to be honest, if getting a new box the H2H isn't worth getting, for the extra few quid I would go for the H52tc, less than £10 more and with additional cable tuner.

If you want to go one step further then the H7C for about £110 inc delivery.

I don't trust the H52tc.
I've been in contact with several people who can never get a proper cable connection....in fact, apart from the OP of this thread, the only other failed tuners I've come across have all been in the H52tc - three of them

Hi Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. Really appreciate it! I have just bought a new h2h from the above link. It looks like the star h1 except an upgrade and wasent that expensive. I will hopefully get it soon and will post an update .
Thanks again

Hi An update on my new Zgemma box (h2h). Got it up and running yesterday ,and its a great replacement . There is no more glitching/pizalations,the signal im getting on most channels is around the 90%+ mark , whereas my previous star h1 was around 65 to 75% usually. It so much faster when changing channels etc. Its brilliant! Just one question tho. When i configured my tuner , i get 4 options for VM. There is VM uk (pure) . VM Uk(telewest) , VM Uk(brute force) and VM Uk (ex cw). I tried The VM (ex cw) and Vm (pure) and they both work .Does anyone know which is the "correct" one i should use please. or it doesnt really matter?
Thanks again for all the recommendations and suggestions

Back