Is Sky The Problem

nickyboy4

Rarely had a problem until this season with 3pm blocks, Nvidia Shield or firestick 4k max on ethernet, two different providers, one with a providers own app and one with tivimate, sky ultrafast, using nord vpn belgium or france-still getting lock ups and buffering, i've got friends on different isp providers not having the same trouble, anyone think sky is the problem here or is it something i just need to live with?

If you've done all the usual maintenance and troubleshooting on your devices - cleared cache, rebooted device and router by switching both off at the mains, made sure parental controls are off - then the next step is to connect your devices to a phone's mobile hotspot and try that.

have you checked your speeds with vpn switched on. And your ping rate which people forget about.

Nord can be a speed killer I wouldn't recomend it.

have you checked your speeds with vpn switched on. And your ping rate which people forget about.

Nord can be a speed killer I wouldn't recomend it.
Nord is fine for most things. I tend to use surf or express for most part now.

Rarely had a problem until this season with 3pm blocks, Nvidia Shield or firestick 4k max on ethernet, two different providers, one with a providers own app and one with tivimate, sky ultrafast, using nord vpn belgium or france-still getting lock ups and buffering, i've got friends on different isp providers not having the same trouble, anyone think sky is the problem here or is it something i just need to live with?
With Sky you have to disable Sky Sheild as well as the IPV6

Skyshield has always been off for me, i'll have to see how it goes at 3pm, the blocks tend to be less effective as the season goes on

I'm with BT I have never had ipv6 disabled just the smart set up, never really experienced any significant blocking

Got sky and ipv6 as not been disabled and all is good. I have to use a VPN or I can't connect to my provider. Everyone with him with sky, bt, virgin all need vpns or it won't connect

Got sky and ipv6 as not been disabled and all is good. I have to use a VPN or I can't connect to my provider. Everyone with him with sky, bt, virgin all need vpns or it won't connect
That’s cause he’s blacklisted sky ip ect but a few providers have done it but others won’t do it

Back