PS4 Is the PS4 hacked?

channelking

Hi guys

Seen online games being uploaded and people saying PS4 has finally been hacked.

Is this true then?

As honestly didnt think would happen with how Sony are with the PS4 lol.

I don't think there are a lot of Gamers left on here at the moment, but I'll go have a nosey and see what I can see

The biggest hack for Sony’s PlayStation 4 has arrived, and now enterprising owners can do things like install Linux and run their own games, via eurogamer.

Before you dive down a rabbit hole of forum posts to turn your PS4 into the ultimate homebrew gaming machine, there’s a big catch: the hack only works on consoles running the PS4’s 4.05 firmware. The 4.05 firmware dates back to 2016 and was patched with firmware 4.06 (released in November of that year). If you have a PS4 sitting unplugged in a closet since 2016, chances are it may have just dramatically appreciated in value.

Along with the usual homebrew efforts of installing cracked copies of PS4 games, developers have cleverly reverse-engineered Sony’s existing PS2 Classics for PS4 titles, resulting in an installable wrapper that users can use to put almost any PS2 game (assuming they have an ISO file for the title). That’s led to a dramatically larger lineup of backwards compatible PS2 games on the PS4 than Sony’s official offerings on the store.

For now, given that there are so few consoles that can actually run the hack, this is more of an interesting note than an indication of a rampant wave of homebrew hacking and piracy in the PS4’s immediate future. But if a later hack is able to run on more modern firmware, it clearly shows that there’s plenty of folks out interested in circumventing Sony’s store.

Code:
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/23/16922798/playstation-4-homebrew-hack-software-firmware-2016-ps2-emulation-linux

Cheers wheelo mate. Honestly was thinking it was fake lol. But I am shocked as read PS4 hardware meant cant be hacked.

Seen ps4 games being uploaded every day so it is indeed big news.

Did read even though its hacked its not jailbroken like the PS3 which can do huge amount of things. Plus only ps2 games can be played but not ps3 games. But read an article saying 4.55 is latest firmware you can play pirated ps4 games on.

Is pretty big news if you want to pirate ps4 games finally lol.

Back