Is there a way to disolve grout.

zack

Hi there, i used the wrong stuff i bought wrong thing for tiles, and numpty me i wonder why tile never stuck, under the tile is just a mess with grout, before anyone says i am a plonker, i know myself lol , i have googled it couple ideas but few i am thinking might make it even worse, boiling water and cup suger, that sounds to me making it worse, does anyone know a sure fire way that will disolve it, its just a complete mess..i used slates on bathroom floor, another idiot idea from me.thanks

Start at the beginning
1. Wall or floor tiles?
2. You used grout as adhesive you mean?
3. Are the tiles firmly fixed?
4. Do you mean there is grout on the face of the tiles?

1 floor slate tiles
2 grout as cement
3 ..two are loose you can lift them up i wondered why they never stuck..lol
4 i used grout as under tiles..lol

1 floor slate tiles
2 grout as cement
3 ..two are loose you can lift them up i wondered why they never stuck..lol
4 i used grout as under tiles..lol
If it's only two that need sticking back down just scrape out the grout back to the original floor, add proper tile adhesive and stick them back.
then re-grout them.

If it looks like more are coming loose it may be quicker to take them all up and start again.
If it's on an upstairs (wooden) floor, they'll all have to come up because you have to board over the entire floor with plywood then use a flexible adhesive under the tiles/slates.
If it's just directly onto floorboards they'll all be up within a week or two

Hi thanks mate, is there a good tool to scrape them of nothing seems to budge it, another one google says domestos but that another , i am no sure on that idea..lol boiling water suger surley can't do any harm try. you would think..

No they won't do it.
It needs to be removed mechanically, - scraped or chiseled off. Nothing will disolve it quickly.
Use a cheap scraper and a SMALL hammer and tap it gently to get a start

ok bud i will give it a go tomorrow , this is going to take hours even for 2 tiles..lol
5-10 mins to scrape the grout off and a few minutes to put new adhesive in and relay them.
Pouring fluids and sugar etc on them will just make a sticky mess that will take months before it begins to work

i think the ones that have come loose near sink prob cause my hand dripping and i never gave them chance to stick proper , when i got it tiled , and damp with me no taking care of my hands dripping on floor. the rest look solid and never move at all just couple where you stand wash your hands teeth.

i think the ones that have come loose near sink prob cause my hand dripping and i never gave them chance to stick proper , when i got it tiled , and damp with me no taking care of my hands dripping on floor. the rest look solid and never move at all just couple where you stand wash your hands teeth.
Never wash your hands or brush your teeth and you will be fine :ROFLMAO: Its a bummer zack but easily done for a diy kind of guy

fk tell me about it, if i bought a bathrom set , would never had deal with this, i have a grinder my mate gave me it someone left it in work nobody knows who is was but no tool take blade of ..bloody good make to..booch..lol

well bosch sounds better ..lol

Yeah they'll be fine unless you walk on them.
Using grout as adhesive, especially on floor tiles is a big mistake.
If they're on floorboards every one of them will come loose soon.

there is blade on it but no best nick, no wanting go to far and hit wood floor under tiles.

the rest are proprer stuff it was me used wrong stuff on the loose ones.

Fabric guy at work used to soak old tiles in water over night then cement would easily scrape off next day ,.give.it a try

let me know how u get on

Find a local handyman. No offence but you seem like you're not the greatest DIYer and could end up doing more harm than good.

i would if i could get off they see mess prob run mile, good at some things fk brutal bad in others..lol

Back