Is there a way to disolve grout.

i have been trying to scrape it as pablo says to do, be there for weeks need another plan..lol
A heavy hammer and bolster, and if others slacken off while doing it they would probably have loosened up on their own throught time.

When I moved into new house someone had put tiles on bathroom floor and it looked crap. Lived with it for a couple of years until had water coming through downstairs ceiling, nightmare to get to leaking pipe.
Plumber said 2 big no no's for bathroom floors carpet and tiles. Tiles OK in downstairs bathroom or properly set up wetroom.
I ended up pulling tiles up and putting lino down, all sealed around edges 100% waterproof and easy to peel back for any work to be done.

If you can get hold of a SDS hammer drill with the chisel bit should take a few mins to get up,
No expensive either, I've got a titan sds drill with breaking action from screwfix for below £50.00 its a monster. When we had tradies in they used it with a diamond cutter for cutting
a 6" hole through brick and breeze block. I picked up the breaking point at jtf cheap. Works a tread for taking motor off of bricks.

No expensive either, I've got a titan sds drill with breaking action from screwfix for below £50.00 its a monster. When we had tradies in they used it with a diamond cutter for cutting
a 6" hole through brick and breeze block. I picked up the breaking point at jtf cheap. Works a tread for taking motor off of bricks.
I picked one up cheap for breaking out the tiles downstairs,then got a sds chuck attachment to put the paddle into the drill to mix the grout to lay new tiles.they were sold out of the sds type paddles in b and q and had to improvise.

the guy that is fixing it now, as long there is wood under the tiles they will break up with a hammer, so the guy says it does work but depending what is tiles are on, it def works, he has just took panel of and some wood was soaking, jeez what a fooking mess, least says he will get done the day, no way could i done that, nowhere near got tools he got, or good enough, he is going put vinyl flooring and use stuff for under it for damp..

the guy that is fixing it now, as long there is wood under the tiles they will break up with a hammer, so the guy says it does work but depending what is tiles are on, it def works, he has just took panel of and some wood was soaking, jeez what a fooking mess, least says he will get done the day, no way could i done that, nowhere near got tools he got, or good enough, he is going put vinyl flooring and use stuff for under it for damp..
I did say if they were laid on floorboards they would be in a skip pretty soon.
To lay tiles on wooden floor the entire floor needs boarding over with quality plywood.
Then tiles have to be laid on flexible adhesive

yeah you did say that, bit was damp was next sink, hes from Cezck hard to undersrand times but bloody hard worker, just hope does good job..lol

make sure that the floor has 100% dried out, your best taking floorboards up and check the joists etc for signs of rot, find source of moisture before doing anything

yeah he has replaced all the wet board with new stuff, he says the leak is def coming from boiler other side sink wee cupboard next loo....ffs oh my god that is all i need..spent £85 in bq all wood vinyl and all extra, and he is charging £100 for doing it.. good deal or bad deal..no idea..lol

yeah he has replaced all the wet board with new stuff, he says the leak is def coming from boiler other side sink wee cupboard next loo....ffs oh my god that is all i need..spent £85 in bq all wood vinyl and all extra, and he is charging £100 for doing it.. good deal or bad deal..no idea..lol
If I was doing it you wouldn't get any change out of £250 and that's with you supplying the materials

very very good deal most tradesmen wouldn't get out of bed for less than £200 a day cash and that's north of London.

lol well i will take its good deal , i have peek now again changed all wet board and did good job for that..

Keep his number for future jobs. Like before you make a mess of it :wink: Glad it's getting sorted for you.

i got £10 of bg he used some thing on his phone and got tener off, i am swaying on given another 20 what you think.. hes a guy from Cezck

i am no going tell i am no working no wanting plead poverty..lol but desperatly needed done and canna spend much just now with no family to spend on, and all in lockdown.so what hell i will give exta 20..

Back