ISP's blocking IPTV

zeroi13i

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been discussed but for the past week i've been having issues with a lot of IPTV services. At random times during the day my iptv will go off and playlist will disappear when i try to reload it. Turned of smart setup on my BT hub as recommended but still wouldn't work. But then i tether my phone to my firestick and reload the playlist. Works perfectly fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a work around. Just been using the smart iptv app though a smart tv or firestick.

Cheers.

Get a new supplier. I use BT and never have issues so it sounds like a supplier problem. Trial a few and see how they go.

Some suppliers are lucky to not get hit by it yet, most will be down during prem league games on sly sports and will come back online after they are finished. I've just had an email about the situation and VPN is going to be the temp fix for the time being, and since its only some ISP's that are doing the blocking the suppliers don't see it as there problem just yet. Its all dependent on the DNS address you get from your supplier. I do have 1 question for @gallagj8, do i need to make multiple ipvanish accounts for separate firesticks or can i use one account for them all.

I'm on bt and never had issues till last week???

Must be your supplier then cos I'm on BT and had no issues at all so it can't be an isp fault. If BT were blocking streams then it would be every BT customer surely???

You can use a few connections per account (can't remember the exact amount)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If using first generation firesticks can't use vpn on them it's only the ones with alexa that support vpn the problem with the blocking that's happening no one knows where exactly the blocks are some people are been blocked some arnt some vps you can have upto 5 devices connected to one account

@dt99 its all down to your suppliers usage, if you supplier has a lot of active playlists there's more chance of there DNS getting blocked. Eventually everyone will be hit with the same issues. I have a mail with all the details from both a reseller and supplier but can't disclose on forums. We all know what happened last time someone disclosed information about the old CS system on the forum. Shit hit the fan very quick in the CS community :)

ITS 5 DEVICES TO YOUR VPN ACCOUNT I DON'T THINK IT MATTERS IF NOT ON SAME NETWORK
Or if you program IPVanish onto your router, you can have unlimited devices provided they are on that routers network.

Not all routers are compatible for this setup though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Must be your supplier then cos I'm on BT and had no issues at all so it can't be an isp fault. If BT were blocking streams then it would be every BT customer surely???
I'm on EE and get good service using a Mag 254.
Today i took my box down to my parent's house to let them watch the football. I got it all set up and connected to their wifi but it wouldn't work. Later on I brought the box home and using my EE I was watching the Spurs/Chelsea game.
Any thoughts?

I'm on EE and get good service using a Mag 254.
Today i took my box down to my parent's house to let them watch the football. I got it all set up and connected to their wifi but it wouldn't work. Later on I brought the box home and using my EE I was watching the Spurs/Chelsea game.
Any thoughts?
There isp could be blocking streams I'm with ee and my streams was fine theres 4 major isp blocking football sly talk talk virmin and bt that's to what I know of

There isp could be blocking streams I'm with ee and my streams was fine theres 4 major isp blocking football sly talk talk virmin and bt that's to what I know of

I'm on sly and didn't have any issues with the football yesterday. Not sure what that means, but touch wood it continues to be fine.

Back