Issue with IPTV and XE (XtremeEditor)

mkg

Hi all,

Not been on the forums for a while so not sure what's the latest and best thing to be doing with IPTV. Hopefully I've posted in the right category.

Currently have a Zgemma H.2S and have Wooshbuild V2 (OPENATV 5.1) with Slyk 1 HD V3 theme installed on it. Have an IPTV provider who provides services via XtremeEditor and that has been working fine for the past couple of years. However since sports have stopped I haven't really used the box for IPTV, just free satellite channels. Tried my IPTV channels now and nothing was working.

Checked with my provider who asked me to reset config on XE (XtremeEditor). However when going to my plugins, I now get the following error:

Some plugins are not available:
Extensions/XE (list index out of range)

Tried re-installing with an XE file sent by my IPTV provider but after an install and reboot, same issue occurs.

Any ideas? Have had the suggestion of flashing the box but I've no idea where to begin with that.

Thanks in advance!

What version xe has he sent plus could be that your image on the box is outdated.
Press green for plugins then red to remove plugins and see if xe is in removable plugins if so remove it and reboot box and try again

Thanks for the reply.

He's supplied xeaio_3.0.6.

I checked removable plugins and removed xeaio, and then tried installing it again (by plugging in a blank USB with just the supplied xe file on it at the front of my box, waited for the prompt and then installed and rebooted) but same error occurs after a reboot.

I had a feeling things were out of date, I haven't really done anything with the satbox for a good few years now, just left it as it was, as it was doing what I needed.

What's the easiest way to flash it with openatv6.4 via grogbuild command line? Any recommended straightforward instructions available?

I had a feeling things were out of date, I haven't really done anything with the satbox for a good few years now, just left it as it was, as it was doing what I needed.

What's the easiest way to flash it with openatv6.4 via grogbuild command line? Any recommended straightforward instructions available?
Put a usb in the box and initialise it.
Find the box ip address and use it to openwebif in browser
Click terminal
Type root, click enter
Paste in the command line and click enter again
The box downloads and installs today's openatv 6.4 then puts grogbuild freerange on automatically

See grogbuild freerange instructions in resources section

Thanks for the instructions, I'll take a look into all of this.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is it possible to get a Slyk theme on Grogbuild like with the current Wooshbuild? The family use the box and they're used to the Slyk interface, along with Slyk numbering for the free satellite channels.

You need latest version of xe which is 3.07 and as Pablo has mentioned use grog free range build

You can, it takes about 20-30 mins to install grogbuild freerange and it asks you what skin you want before it starts

Thanks for the replies, managed to reflash yesterday and get XE working again. Hopefully can reset the config and get the IPTV back.

Back