Issues with Openbox V8s

pammy109

Hi guys,

To give you a brief intro - I purchased an Openbox V8s in April and also purchased a C-line with it (both from Ebay) Yesterday I stopped getting any of the paid for Sky channels, all the channels said scrambled on them. To give the original seller his due he has been in constant contact and has tried to help me out but unfortunately, nothing worked. He asked me to delete my C-line and then sent me 2 N-lines that I had to input together which i did but still i was having the same issue. The server was showing as online and he assured me that it was working completely and advised me to update my box firmware and also the channel list which i then did yet this also didn't solve the problem.I also checked my ethernet cable and made sure it was connected which it is. I then decided to come on here and request a test line (due to be being away all day for a wedding today i wasn't able to sort it out until now) I now have a test line running and most of the paid for channels are working with exception to the Sky movies channels. Every single one of them is now saying No Signal for at least 10 seconds then i'm getting a garbled picture and crappy sound. Is the issue to do with my box as i'm now thinking that it might be since this keeps happening or is it the test line?
I'm kind of a newbie at this but learning more and more every time I need to fix something on it ;-)

Thanks in advance

Pamela

A bit of a rough deal for you. Garbled sound and a mucky picture [in and out] indicate a dish slightly out of alignment----can be corrected easilly if you can reach it.
The line problem can also be allied to a dodgy dish. A faulty box would be the last thing to look at.
Tip---if buying etc over the net never infer that you are female---when asked for your name etc just use your initial.
Reaper.

Thanks Reaper for the advice. Just tried a new test line and everything is working perfectly so fingers crossed that's it sorted for me! It's mainly the other half that uses the box but isn't all that tech savvy so it ends up being me that does it. Thank again for your help.

Good news--no climbing ladders and over roofs in mini-skirts lol
Pity I'm blind and won't see that event but ah!! the memories flood back LOL {the wife is about to kill me]
Sorry--my humour always gets in the way---glad you are sorted.
Reaper.

Back