jailbreak a Sony Bravia?

skyla20

is there anyway to put custom firmware on a sony kdl 46 nx 703 led tv? it would be good to be able to play avi files strate from the usb port on the tv and also have a built in web browser etc

Hi skyla, just did a quick google on your tv, fantastic looking piece i must say, but, just underneath the description i found this....
Can now playback DivX/ XviD/ AVI/ AVC video files over DLNA and USB (previously only limited to MPEG1).

So whatever your trying, and is not working, aint the tv's fault, its probably yours :)

Just let us know if you need help with anything but for the love a jaysus dont go messing with firmware on the set!!!

Hi skyla, just did a quick google on your tv, fantastic looking piece i must say, but, just underneath the description i found this....

So whatever your trying, and is not working, aint the tv's fault, its probably yours :)

Just let us know if you need help with anything but for the love a jaysus dont go messing with firmware on the set!!!

really??? i thought it was only mpeg4 aswell where did you see the info could you send me the link many thanks i really hope its possible to play them formats here is my tv on the sony site

w-w-w.sony.co.uk/product/t46-nx-series/kdl-46nx703#pageType=TechnicalSpecs

Last edited:
Skyla i apologise i think i looked at the HX series lol
Just looked at your link
USB Video Player
YES (AVC/AVCHD/MPEG4)
and ive been reading other reviews also and cant find anyone else at the mo saying they can play avi, sorry bout that!
Even so dont go messing with the set, too nice to screw up! Built in wireless ffs, didnt even know they were doing that these days :)

Skyla i apologise i think i looked at the HX series lol
Just looked at your link
and ive been reading other reviews also and cant find anyone else at the mo saying they can play avi, sorry bout that!
Even so dont go messing with the set, too nice to screw up! Built in wireless ffs, didnt even know they were doing that these days :)

noworries cheers for trying, yeah i think i just leave it as it is and sell it someday in the future and get one that does play them files

Back