Jailbreak Firestick?

No such thing as a jailbreak?!

You can sideload a bunch of apps that will give you content free or premium/paid apks - assuming you have seen the ones on ebay - most of it is freely available...............

The Fire is a great piece of kit but its the UI that I don't like. I've tried a few hacks to change the launcher but the old info I've found doesn't seem to work any more. Anyone had any luck changing the launcher?

The Fire is a great piece of kit but its the UI that I don't like. I've tried a few hacks to change the launcher but the old info I've found doesn't seem to work any more. Anyone had any luck changing the launcher?
have a look on youtube mate type in techdoctor and have a look through his videos sure i seen a video on there about launcher

Yes you can jailbreak/root certain Firesticks, have a look on aftvnews for clarification. To be honest there really isn't much point for the amount of hassle it is. You can sideload any apps you need anyway. :)

you can sideload a different launcher as an apk, without root you just have to select the new launcher from the home screen rather than it automatically booting to it

Regarding launchers - I tried to load Leanback as an alternative launcher but it won't run on the Fire. Any other suggestions?

Back