Jonathan Ross To Host New ITV Chat Show

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jonathan Ross is moving to ITV to present a new chat show after his BBC contract expires next week.

279.jpg

Ross' new ITV show will hit the screens later this year

The broadcaster told his Twitter followers he was planning to take a year off first, however.

He wrote: "Thanks for all the congrats regarding ITV show. Am still taking year off first though. These comics won't write themselves..."

In a statement he said: "I am thrilled and excited that after a short break I will be rolling up my sleeves and creating a brand new show for ITV1.

"I have worked successfully with most of the key figures at the network in the past and cannot wait to get back on screen with a fast, funny, and unpredictable new talk show.

"I do have a little spare time at the beginning of 2011 though, so if England needs a temporary new manager I will consider the post seriously. Thank you."

280.jpg

Ross and Brand's phone calls to Andrew Sachs caused a media storm

Ross' future at the BBC was thrown into doubt after he and comedian Russell Brand made prank phone calls to actor Andrew Sachs' answerphone during a radio show, sparking a media furore.

He also faced criticism over his multi-million pound pay cheque from the BBC.

Earlier this year he announced that he would not be seeking to renew his contract with the Beeb when it ran out this summer, meaning an end to his Radio 2 show and his Friday night BBC1 chat show.

Ross is due to host the British Comedy Awards later this year, which will be broadcast by Channel 4.

He is thought to have been in talks with Channel 4 about a return to the channel where he made his name in the 1980s with his The Last Resort chat show, but instead opted for ITV.

Back