Jos EPG refresh without network

Dohgee

Been putting this off for 17 months which is when I bought my Zgemma H9S. Good box though,, but, but, but, but, it seems to need a network connection to refresh EPG Predecessor TM-5402HD CL+ or any 2 bit box can do this. My interest is language learning, but because TVE , upgraded TM was not up to receiving. I do hotspot my mobile and it works, but surely it's possible to refresh EPG without stoopid internet. 👹

Explain what this means please:
but because TVE , upgraded TM was not up to receiving.

What is the box being used for?
Freesat?
Freeview?
Are you in the UK?

TVE Spain's national broadcaster, Hotbird, changed their transmission coding, maybe 2018. Check it out?
I'm on West coast of Ireland.
Only interested in FTA

No it's all FTA.
My interest is language learning
That's the second time you've mentioned that but I'm not sure if it has any bearing on the EPG.
If you are using epgimporter to refresh the EPG data, you should disable it and see if the EPG comes in automatically

EPG importer downloads from the internet.

You need to find out which channel/transponder has the EPG data. You then need to zap/select it. You can automate the zapping with EPG refresh plugin. No internet connection is required for this. What EPG settings have you set. If the readers are disabled, they won't absorb the EPG data.

EPG importer downloads from the internet.

You need to find out which channel/transponder has the EPG data.
Thanks, gotcha. So I use Astra 1, Astra 2, Hotbird & Hispa 30W and always have, and mi ol' TMs just pulled EPG from all.
But, but,But, but this Zgemma H9S needs EPG refresh plugin, Is this correct?
Thanks

I suppose Zgemma is targeted at the online shower!, I dumped mi ol' FTC. Just mobile phone hotspoting nowadays.

So yes I have EPG REFRESH PLUGIN. While I can see the power of Zgemma and enjoy it. It's not at all suitable for my needs. No phono outputs, and my main interest is listening radio,, and my lowest interest is reading specs of tech gadgets.

Thanks, gotcha. So I use Astra 1, Astra 2, Hotbird & Hispa 30W and always have, and mi ol' TMs just pulled EPG from all.
But, but,But, but this Zgemma H9S needs EPG refresh plugin, Is this correct?
Thanks
It does not need EPG refresh. You can select the channels on transponders with EPG manually. Once you select a channel, the EPG will be absorbed for that provider.

OK , new situation, I have a populated EPG happy days, but very few service names are showing. Program are there but not service names, BBC1 BBC2 etc. So the cream is missing from the cake
Maybe you recognize the problem? Thanks

It does not need EPG refresh. You can select the channels on transponders with EPG manually. Once you select a channel, the EPG will be absorbed for that provider.
I started with 5 DIY bouquets and the channels are all there just the EPG Info was not showing, Now I have the content , but no service names. I have the poor mees. And not I the bed is drawing me to rest

Last edited:
Easiest way is to scan the satellites again and enable the "clear before scan" option.

Sadly, I think you have started to do too many things on one go and getting muddled. Or you just added a service that no longer exists. The other receivers you have come from use slightly different process. They are still available in E2, but you have to select. Enable the option.

Back