Jury duty FFS

plasterer

Hi chaps. Been selected for Dury duty.
2 weeks befor Christmas.
Self employed plasterer. Going to set me back 1500 notes.
Having spent most my life staying clear of the law courts. Now finding myself in there at my own expense.
Following the news in Liverpool nearly all cases end up in suspended sentence or community work.. Why are they not picking servers from the millions of unemployed or retired personnel.
Anybody know of a surefire way of escaping. And enjoying my Christmas.
As a law abiding Citizen.
Cheers......... PAUL

Got a letter from GP about Irritable Bowel syndrome and would stink them out as the shit would happen.

Mmm thanks for reply. But not very convincing. Have had trouble for a few years kipping and been prescribed some tackle for that. May go down that avenue, can't stay awake concentrate /focus . Keep nodding off. Got to have it returned in 10 days. Cheers lads/lasses
Paul

I caught covid, during my stint on jury service, January this year, so call in ill, couple of days early, stating you have all the signs of covid-19. You will be called up again but you can defer call up for service 1 year,

Just ignore it, they don’t send it recorded Mail so how can they know you received it. They’re not going to prosecute you for it.

You cannot ignore the letter it is scanned, before postie drops it through letterbox.
The letter if not answered, is then resent, failure to respond, £1.000 fine.

You cannot ignore the letter it is scanned, before postie drops it through letterbox.
The letter if not answered, is then resent, failure to respond, £1.000 fine.
😂 no they really aren’t scanned it’s not a recorded delivery so they don’t know it was ever delivered.

Anybody ever gets in contact with you again explain you work away and have no knowledge of any letters. Pro Tip though, they don’t chase it up.

😂 no they really aren’t scanned it’s not a recorded delivery so they don’t know it was ever delivered.

Anybody ever gets in contact with you again explain you work away and have no knowledge of any letters. Pro Tip though, they don’t chase it up.
My letter was scanned
The end

Other people ineligible for jury service​

You aren't eligible for jury service if:

• you have a mental disorder
  • you don't understand English

You will get away with the bottom one if you write them a letter! roflmao.gif

just kidding.gif

I had to do it and several people tried to get out of it .... they didn't manage it.
If you tell them you're on holiday or anything like that they need absolute proof - tickets, booking confirmations.
I doubt that a doctor is suddenly going to write a letter saying you have mental health issues without a lot of investigation.

Covid or IBS might be a goer but I think they'll need proof.
I'd rather do jury service again than have the hosepipe back up the bum!

If you falsely claim to have to self isolate, bear in mind that track and trace might check you're at home and not out working.

Imo self employed people should be exempt from jury service.

Back