just bought these clippers for pickle this is a brillant review

dee

TK Veteran
I have used my Wahl Dog Clippers twice now and found this to be quite an experience for both me and my Toy Poodle called Costa.

Having landed on hard times financialy, it seemed spending £30 sending my pooch to the pampering parlour when I don't even spend that much on my own hair became an expense I could no longer afford. I figured a one off investment in a set of clippers was a frugal way forward.

Feeling rather pleased with my purchase at a price less than one clip, I decided it couldn't be that difficult, and if dummies could do it, so can I.

Being something of a rebel at the best of times, I don't do things by halves, and opted for the shortest setting possible. A carefree flick through the basic guide I revved my clippers into action, caught hold of my unsuspecting puppy and began zazzing my way through the dense curly locks with gusto. My dog was not impressed, and upon escaping my grip hid behind the toilet quivering.

I needed to rethink my approach!

My black clothing was in a state as it was coated in so much white fuzz I decided the easiest option was to strip down to my underwear as I could shower straight afterwards. I also needed to bribe Costa from the back of the toilet as he was only half done. Using his favourite treat of Cheddar Cheese I managed to entice him back to the clippers and continued. Slightly concerned this was not going well I scanned the guide for advice on what to do if things weren't going quite to plan, but did not feel reassured by the moto on the side of the box which read "Fun and Easy Grooming At Home", with a sigh I reached for the weapon and carried on, I couldn't stop now!

Fortunately, my dog is not viscious but foolishly trusting. We did have a moment where some stay fur tickled his nose and he sneezed just as I was grooming near his testicles, at this point the clippers made a loud gagging sound which alarmed the dog and I, being a responsible dog owner I reacted quickly by turning them off and freeing my Poodles Plums before continuing.

This is clearly a job for two people, however I am a single parent and my son point blank refuses to participate in this spectacle and no longer allows me to cut his hair either.

My entire house is covered in fur that looks like someone has tried to slaughter a flock of sheep.

As for Costa, he looks a d!ck. I can't stop laughing at him every time I glance in his direction, and I don't take him to the park just yet in fear that the other dog walkers will report me to the RSPCA for cruelty.

I attempted to be creative and go for the pom-pom tail effect but it has more of a 'toilet brush' appearance to it.

He resembles a badly plucked chicken, in patches it's gone a little too close to the bone, although his balls are fine and no lasting damage.

All in all the Clippers do what they are supposed to do, and for the money are good value. The scissors and comb included are okay, however the Dummies Guide may work in theory, in reality your dog does not care diddly squat about when the book says "spread the toes between thumb and forefinger", he is thinking just feed me the cheese and go spin.

Back