Just got my bm5000s

Hi a few questions im new to this so I apologise in advance. I have connected to internet using wifi dongle, made all other connections, setup wifi settings and thats it. I didnt search for satalites or anything. Maybe someone set it up before hand.I was watching a channel and notice it freezes for a sec then cums back at certain intervals .
Is this due to wifi connection rather ethernet?
Or bad service from provider?
Or weak signal?
Also am I right in saying that im not streaming?
so is my picture coming over internet or sattalites?
Do I need to scan or search for anything?
What is the blade update about?
What is a channel list?
Is there a beginners guide.? . (Despretly needed lol)

Thanks for your time
PS MODERATOTORS Sorry posted in general can this be moved into The blade Section?Thanks

Last edited:
The tutorial is here

You are not streaming, you will get a "packet" of data about every 7-8 secs over the internet to keep you $ channels clear.

That's why the lights at the ethernet connection are constantly flickering at the back of the box.

But a glitchy picture could be from anyone of those suggestions you have listed.

I would first go to a wired connection, WiFi is known to have issues with signal drop in a lot of cases.

Either straight Ethernet from router or a pair of homeplugs.

If that doesn't sort it try a few test lines from other servers so you can compare their service.

You won't get a 100% glitch free service as they sometimes advertise, but you should get something
that is stable 95% of the time.

Ok Update As for the freezing a second and coming back issue in the menu 9991 Newcamd config section i turned host 2 to off and left host 1 on and also in the cccam config section switched off the first 2 hosts. That resolved that issue. Question
1. there were in both sections newcamd and cccam config 16 host details are they preset dummy details or real hosts?
2. How many should be on ?
3. Newcamd and cccam is both required?

PS after the FW upgrade carried out by Someone else as i do not have the c and n line details my wifi dongle did not work with the router therefore gone wired now.

I have noticed after a whilst of watching over hour i get scrambled but if i change channel then back on the original channel im ok Anyone else get this? anyone know a cause?

From some reason *ky 3d get Scrambled at night halfway through the last movie of the day an it wont come back. but other channels which require subs are ok? anyone know a cause or fix

which satalities should i have enabled in my satalite settings?

Sorry if theese qs seem dumb but hey its still quite new to me, im a quick learner once i get my head round things Thanks for all the great info Thou

Back