Just ordered the XRS4900.

JamieLee2k

As the title suggests I just ordered this and its going to be a replacement for SkyQ with the hoping to get IPTV fully up and running, before this I had a zgemma and my wife never got on with it, so my plan is to have the zgemma in the bedroom and the buzztv downstairs, After ordering it I found out that netflix is only 580p and amazon prime is 480p but this video was from 2021 so it might be better now, either way we have smart TV's so its not a major issue. I have really fast internet 1gb so 4k shouldn't be an issue.

I would love people that own this device to give me there experiences on this device. Are you happy wiith it? Whats IPTV like? any slowdowns? any advice for when I get it?

As the title suggests I just ordered this and its going to be a replacement for SkyQ with the hoping to get IPTV fully up and running, before this I had a zgemma and my wife never got on with it, so my plan is to have the zgemma in the bedroom and the buzztv downstairs, After ordering it I found out that netflix is only 580p and amazon prime is 480p but this video was from 2021 so it might be better now, either way we have smart TV's so its not a major issue. I have really fast internet 1gb so 4k shouldn't be an issue.

I would love people that own this device to give me there experiences on this device. Are you happy wiith it? Whats IPTV like? any slowdowns? any advice for when I get it?
Hi mate when you get the box and test it out can you give us your opinion on it I was looking at one myself cheers

The buzz range are really good devices I own the vid stick and the XRS4500 and can't fault them the back lot remote is an added bonus and you have easy navigation buttons on remote.
You can make life simpler for other half by adding favourite channels movies shows to the homescreen of the box so it’s just one click play for her favourite channels.

Just had an email to say it will be delivered on Tuesday, looking forward to getting hold of it and having a play around, my old box is a zgemma H.2.s so its a really good upgrade for me at least, my wife just wants to watch movies and have something that simple to use

Just had an email to say it will be delivered on Tuesday, looking forward to getting hold of it and having a play around, my old box is a zgemma H.2.s so its a really good upgrade for me at least, my wife just wants to watch movies and have something that simple to use
She won't be disappointed, watching VOD movies and series on this box is nothing like on enigma2, you can search for titles, and all the movies etc have a nice screenshot and a brief description of the storyline. It's rapid at loading up and going through menus etc

She won't be disappointed, watching VOD movies and series on this box is nothing like on enigma2, you can search for titles, and all the movies etc have a nice screenshot and a brief description of the storyline. It's rapid at loading up and going through menus etc
Would you recommend this box @pabloescaban ?
I need to get something for the (ex) wife and kids that they can understand and stop moaning at me about.

Would you recommend this box @pabloescaban ?
I need to get something for the (ex) wife and kids that they can understand and stop moaning at me about.
Yes it's a good bit of kit, as @bazcfc1 says, the remote is very good, lots of buttons unlike firestick and it's backlit so you can use it in the dark when watching movies, sports etc, it's also Bluetooth so you don't need to point it at the box.
The graphics are amazing too

ok so I got my device this morning, like stupidly early, 7:20am anyways I was excited to open it and try it out, I opened the box and I was suprised to find 2 items in there, one was the product itself and the other was a small white box, being confused I opened it and it was the PSU, (reviews I have seen online came in the box).
After I opened the box, there it was in all its glory, it looks really well made, very sturdy and very light, so I plugged it in to my TV with the PSU and a HDMI cable I already had from sky (this HDMI cable I used is really thick and long), I set it up and looked around the options, there isn't much to do change at all, its setup really nice with the modern theme and its even got the latest version (5).
I haven't gotten around to setting up the Live TV yet (I still need to figure that out) but I navigated through the apps installed and even the ones in the store, there are a quite a few that I use and so I got to work installing them.
The graphics are amazing and really easy to navigate, its made so that all you do is click and watch.
The remote is Bluetooth and really solid, everytime I pressed the buttons it works first time (even with the box out of sight)

I really think I need to stop here and give some bad points, When installing apps you download them and it goes to a white screen where it asks if you want to install it, Being colourblind for me it was white on what looked like white when choosing the option to install, and so If you are not colourblind you wont have the struggles I had here, otherwise it really needs changing, and the HDMI cable that came in the box, Its very small in length and doesn't like my TV, I am not sure if its because HDR is turned on but it would constantly flicker and glitch out so for me the cable is just not usable, as I metioned earlier I am using the long thick one I was using for my SkyQ box (not the original cable either).
Youtube crashed on me a few times when watching the thumbnails and I haven't looked into it further yet.

Something else I would love to see on this box and with it being a small box with a bluetooth remote it can be hidden away, please make screw holes so you can attach it to the wall.

Other than that with the limited time I have spent on this device it seems really good, well made and erm mostly stable (so far) and would I say its worth the money I can't say just yet, I really need to spend more time on it and get the TV side up a running.

Give us an update in a couple of days , you could always Velcro it to the back of the tv
I sure will, before I had to go out I set the TV side up and with a little fiddling about I got it working, I have only had about 30m to mess with it but will definitely give more of an opinion once I sit down with it properly.

@JamieLee2k, just read the buzz tv spec for the XRS4900, and it looks impressive. I like the fact that it’s small and takes an SSD. It looks like it’s only for IPTV use by the looks of it, and does not have saterlite connection as used by my soon to be replaced Sky Q box. That’s okay though, as that means I could use it in multiple rooms. My concern though, and I would not expect you to answer this, is that I only have 300gb internet speed and wondered if I would need to beef that up if I planned to have three of these devices in three rooms. I’ll have to experiment with one first and see what service I get.
i’m a real newbie to this site (joined today) and I assume there are providers of the IPTV services mentioned somewhere in the forum. But I’m getting ahead of myself, I best find the best price and get it ordered first.

Thanks for mentioning the device though, a good heads up.

@JamieLee2k, just read the buzz tv spec for the XRS4900, and it looks impressive. I like the fact that it’s small and takes an SSD. It looks like it’s only for IPTV use by the looks of it, and does not have saterlite connection as used by my soon to be replaced Sky Q box. That’s okay though, as that means I could use it in multiple rooms. My concern though, and I would not expect you to answer this, is that I only have 300gb internet speed and wondered if I would need to beef that up if I planned to have three of these devices in three rooms. I’ll have to experiment with one first and see what service I get.
i’m a real newbie to this site (joined today) and I assume there are providers of the IPTV services mentioned somewhere in the forum. But I’m getting ahead of myself, I best find the best price and get it ordered first.

Do you mean 300MB

That will be fine 20mb is all that is really needed for IPTV and you could get away with on most subs.

Iptv dosnt take as much broadband speeds/bandwidth as people think I have 9-11 devices connected at a time and have iptv in every room upstairs (4 bedrooms) plus my living room I only get 36mbps and don't have no issues at all streaming or kids online gaming.
ok so I got my device this morning, like stupidly early, 7:20am anyways I was excited to open it and try it out, I opened the box and I was suprised to find 2 items in there, one was the product itself and the other was a small white box, being confused I opened it and it was the PSU, (reviews I have seen online came in the box).
After I opened the box, there it was in all its glory, it looks really well made, very sturdy and very light, so I plugged it in to my TV with the PSU and a HDMI cable I already had from sky (this HDMI cable I used is really thick and long), I set it up and looked around the options, there isn't much to do change at all, its setup really nice with the modern theme and its even got the latest version (5).
I haven't gotten around to setting up the Live TV yet (I still need to figure that out) but I navigated through the apps installed and even the ones in the store, there are a quite a few that I use and so I got to work installing them.
The graphics are amazing and really easy to navigate, its made so that all you do is click and watch.
The remote is Bluetooth and really solid, everytime I pressed the buttons it works first time (even with the box out of sight)

I really think I need to stop here and give some bad points, When installing apps you download them and it goes to a white screen where it asks if you want to install it, Being colourblind for me it was white on what looked like white when choosing the option to install, and so If you are not colourblind you wont have the struggles I had here, otherwise it really needs changing, and the HDMI cable that came in the box, Its very small in length and doesn't like my TV, I am not sure if its because HDR is turned on but it would constantly flicker and glitch out so for me the cable is just not usable, as I metioned earlier I am using the long thick one I was using for my SkyQ box (not the original cable either).
Youtube crashed on me a few times when watching the thumbnails and I haven't looked into it further yet.

Something else I would love to see on this box and with it being a small box with a bluetooth remote it can be hidden away, please make screw holes so you can attach it to the wall.

Other than that with the limited time I have spent on this device it seems really good, well made and erm mostly stable (so far) and would I say its worth the money I can't say just yet, I really need to spend more time on it and get the TV side up a running.
the buzz range is value for money imo I found the hdmi to be shite what came with my box XRS4500 and just used the one from sky.
You mentioned apps crashing is there any updates for the device or even the apps you've tried

If you want Freesat, as you mentioned earlier, you may need to change the LNB on the satellite dish, also you'd need a box with a satellite tuner, if IPTV is your sole intention then forget about the dish and sat tuner.
If you wanted both, there's satellite boxes that can also run IPTV at the same time

@Ferret. has already answered the question on how much data the IPTV uses as I really didn’t know this, and as for the HDD it doesn’t have to be an SSD but it does have to be 2.5mm to be plugged into the box.

@bazcfc1 there is no update it’s already on the latest version out the box.

This is not a sat box it is an android box and is using the IPTV which IMO is far better compared to the older outdated method, I am sure that with people clamping down on things this is a better system especially if you have a VPN.

In the past I have always asked for a line and took the first person that sounded good, now I am going to spend a bit of time and do trials, so far I have tested 3 and only 1 we are happy with, I want to make sure that no matter who I choose it is stable, reliable and most importantly have the things I asked for. It can be a pain asking everyone for trials but people are out here to provide not only a living and that is a service, my advice is listen to the TK veterans they are the heart and soul of this place, I have been here since 2015 and although I don’t post much I look and read up on things.

I highly recommend it as it is a great box
You can even download VOD or TV series to watch offline
Very useful if internet is interrupted
hi, i went from a zgemma to the a fire tv cube, its the 4k ultra hd cube, its not as clunky and its much more reliable than the zgemma, but i could record vod etc on the zgemma and i cant on the cube,
recording vod suited us, when we go away i used to take a few recordings with us, can you record onto an external hd with the XRS 4900, are you happy with yours

hi, i went from a zgemma to the a fire tv cube, its the 4k ultra hd cube, its not as clunky and its much more reliable than the zgemma, but i could record vod etc on the zgemma and i cant on the cube,
recording vod suited us, when we go away i used to take a few recordings with us, can you record onto an external hd with the XRS 4900, are you happy with yours

He should be able to record Live to the sd not sure on recording VOD or a powered usb hdd.

Back