Just received not sure where to start.

Calibrator

Hi All,

Just received my Zgemma Star 2s and I am very confused, when I turn it on it the screen displays Open ATV so I assume something has already been done on the box. My intention was to use OpenVix but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

I assumed I would be able to receive FTA channels without doing anything, this may be my first mistake. So I changed Tuner A to Simple configuration mode, Single mode, Satellite to 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 2E/2F and Send DiSEqC to No. Set Tuner B to mimic Tuner A and ran the Automatic Scan. I get nothing!

Anyone suggest where I am going wrong, I tried looking at some of the guides that have been posted but they assume I know even the most basics, i now know I don't.

Cali

Thanks garyth,

Autobouquets finds nearly 1300 video channels, at least I know the box is detecting them but what happens then?

Cali

Hi lancable,

No gift yet, just testing before the next move.

But what do ya know, I have the channels thanks to Gary. I couldn't see the channels because I was selecting the All Channels bouquet, I looked further down the list and found an All FTA bouquet, clicked on that and all there.

Cheers to both of you, lol probably more questions when I purchase a gift.

Cali

OpenAtv is German. If its a brand new box with just openatv installed, the default channels are for a german satellite. This is the reason you had no FTA. Like mentioned above do a channel scan on the correct satellite will bring in your local channels. Don't forget to go into Channel Select (TV) button and remove the German channels. You can do this by highlighting a channel, pressing menu and then remove. You have to do them all individually if I remember rightly.

hi got a zgemma star s box and my gft has stopped working after four months (common thing apparantly after reading form when you purchase box and gift together. how do you put new gift on box very new to this sort of thing so would need idiots gide as tec(software) is not my thing

hi got a zgemma star s box and my gft has stopped working after four months (common thing apparantly after reading form when you purchase box and gift together. how do you put new gift on box very new to this sort of thing so would need idiots gide as tec(software) is not my thing

Youll need to to use a programme which talks to the box, your line will most probably go in here usr/keys/ newcamd.list( edit your new gift in here)
press blue to restart mgcam and boooommm up and running.
I use flash fxp, much easier, though I think there's a way of doing through ts panel I think
Hope this helps

hi thanks for info but this realy does not make much sense to me does anyone selling gifts just send this program to you so you can copy to usb. ? how do you load program to box please

all will become clear if you just read through the posts on the zgemma section, its not difficult, the hardest part is being prepared to put the time in to actually get to understand things - if you get stuck, come back and ask, we don't bite - well not those who put a bit of effort in instead of looking to be spoon fed everything !

Back