Kayo Sports

This service is a good option if you’re interested in watching a lot of different sports (football, cricket, f1, golf, tennis, nfl, nba, mlb, ufc, etc) and want top quality.

Sports content available: The complete list of sports on Kayo | Finder

Prices start from AUD25 for a single screen, but two screens cost AUD27.5 and I think three is AUD35, so there is plenty of scope to share accounts.

Pros:
- Really broad coverage of sports
- Available in 1080p and 50 fps
- Able to play live events from start if you are running late
- “Minis” available for a lot of events - great if you missed them but just want a summary
- Has splitview allowing you to watch up to 4 streams at the same time (if that’s your thing)
- You can actually see what streaming resolution you’re getting

Cons:
- Can be difficult with some vpns/dns (although has consistently worked for me with ControlD)
- Requires an Aussie phone number in order to register

Feel free to add to the above if you have other experiences or views.

I have used this service for a while now to fill the non-EPL gap after Sky/BT Sport, and have really liked it. It solved my problem that some sports are not available as replays on any of the American services at all (eg golf or nfl) or that they require the live channels that are quite expensive to get (eg f1)

Last edited:
I use kayo a lot and have found that if you use their website you can easily pull their direct stream and play via browser (with hls add on installed) also streams can be used outwith the browser, but they only last 5 minutes and if not played by then a fresh stream is required............using this method bypasses limits on streams used

I use kayo a lot and have found that if you use their website you can easily pull their direct stream and play via browser (with hls add on installed) also streams can be used outwith the browser, but they only last 5 minutes and if not played by then a fresh stream is required............using this method bypasses limits on streams used
Interesting. I have never used the website - I just use the app.

I actually never really had much buffering issues with ControlD set to Perth. I mostly watched on my Apple TV which starts at low quality and steps up. That said, I did sometimes have trouble getting it up to 1080p, which I guess is the same thing.

My trick to get the best quality was to restart the stream to make sure the CDN was Cloudfront not Akamai, and sometimes just pause the live streams for 10-15 sec at the beginning.

Back