Keep losing recording/pause/rewind???

Openboxcy

Hi,

I have a ZGemma H2S with 500Gb hard drive plugged into the rear USB port.

I have twice set this up to enable recording and to be able to pause and rewind live tv etc. However this seems to work for a few days then all of a sudden it stops, even though the settings look ok. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for the reply. Im using the sky q skin and in timeshift settings i have disabled displayed at the money next to 'automatically start timeshift after'. Is that what you mean?

Thanks again

---------- Post Merged at 06:22 PM ----------

**minute NOT money, autocorrect!!!**

Yes that's it. Good idea to try with it off on that model. Could be a reflash job if losing its mounts though. Where are you saving your Timeshift and recordings too when both mounted? Try just using either even for both too narrow things down

The instructions below are what i followed to setup the hard drive.

1. Format a USB to NTFS...put USB stick into pc/laptop whatever u want to call it and right click. When list pops up click on format. Select NTFS and format....(yes this will delete everything)

2. Put USB in the front of box. Press menu then setup. Go down to system and press ok. Next select storage devices and select initialisation. your USB will be highlighted and press ok. Initialise (red button)

3. Create swap file. Press menu>Info panel>Plugins>swap manager. Press green to create>select 256 mb> wait until its finished then press activate (red button) then press yellow to autostart. Exit back 2 the start and restart your box.

4. Press menu>info panel>plugins>mount manager>press green and change to: /media/hdd. Press green to save. Then exit back to the start.

5. Press menu>setup>recordings & Timeshift>timeshift settings>timeshift location should read /media/hdd/timeshift/.then exit back to the start.

6. Press menu>setup>crossEPG>configure and select your storage device. Then press exit once (1). Scroll down to Download now and press ok

Out of curiosity has your drive got a power supply? I had issues with a drive that only was taking its power from the usb on the box, I switched to a powered drive and had no more problems.

Hi, yes the hard drive i have is powered through the box via the USB. From reading on here i think other users have a similar set up.

Back