Keeping settings when changing image

nmalik

Hi, I changed from OpenATV 6.2 to OpenATV 6.3 and lost all my settings/plugins, which took ages to reset. Is there a way to prevent this like using Wooshbuild? Ages ago when I tried Wooshbuild, I couldn’t see how settings/plugins were updated so I went back to openATV only. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Grog68, I did via software management and it worked while I was on OpenATV 6.2 but not when I went to 6.3.

Then flash with grogbuild if you like openatv or try willobuild as its a supported openvix box,I hate atv myself

Settings can change and some settings may not be compatible between big image changes i.e ATV 6.2 to 6.3. Always try to do screen shots of certain settings and backup any important info to pc before doing updates.

Then flash with grogbuild if you like openatv or try willobuild as its a supported openvix box,I hate atv myself

Just to be clear - once Grogbuild is installed, you update the software online and you never have to update the image using a usb drive, apart from perhaps adding the odd extra ipk?

Just to be clear - once Grogbuild is installed, you update the software online and you never have to update the image using a usb drive, apart from perhaps adding the odd extra ipk?
If you flash grogbuild freerange it uses today's image of openatv so it's the most up to date already.
I don't update images etc as it usually knackers everything up, it takes 20 minutes to flash so I just reflash every six months or so

flashing via a USB pen drive is mainly used when a system has borked up & won't boot properly, a USB flash should get the box working again any other time an online flash or a scripted flash like grogbuild is usually the best way to go.

flashing via a USB pen drive is mainly used when a system has borked up & won't boot properly, a USB flash should get the box working again any other time an online flash or a scripted flash like grogbuild is usually the best way to go.

So if you have a box with OpenATV 6.2 and you install grogbuild, later on can you update to OpenATV 6.3 online or do you just update the plugins and keep the base image forever?

So if you have a box with OpenATV 6.2 and you install grogbuild, later on can you update to OpenATV 6.3 online or do you just update the plugins and keep the base image forever?
No, installing grogbuild freerange uses today's openatv image, currently 6.4.
If you have 6.1 or 6.2 it bypasses intermediate images and flashes the very latest openatv

No, installing grogbuild freerange uses today's openatv image, currently 6.4.
If you have 6.1 or 6.2 it bypasses intermediate images and flashes the very latest openatv

Ok, so say xx months down the line, when 6.5 comes out - how do you update your 6.4 box?

Back