Windows 8 Keeps saying shutting down

channelking

Since yesterday when I try to shut down computer just have the spinning circle thing and just says shutting down but doesnt actually shut down.

Was shutting down fine up until yesterday.

Is my pc fekked or Windows?

Having to turn off and on from power button and bloody hate doing that.

Ye seen that before haven't tried as of yet but wouldn't there be something more wrong as im guessing this solution is temporary fix.

Windows 8 is outdated so probably not getting the right updates I would upgrade to Windows 10 as will be a fresh clean install of Windows just back all your p#rn up first then will be grand lol

Dont really want to upgrade to windows 10 especially with that having more of your data compromised etc. Plus I aint gona download a dodgy windows 10 copy had issues in the past with dodgy windows which I downloaded.

There were updates being done and since the updates yesterday doesnt shutdown now. Was working fine this issue just randomly occurred so Windows 8 cant be the issue.

I dont need to watch those dirty brasses but if that is your thing mate feel free lol.

Dont really want to upgrade to windows 10 especially with that having more of your data compromised etc. Plus I aint gona download a dodgy windows 10 copy had issues in the past with dodgy windows which I downloaded.

There were updates being done and since the updates yesterday doesnt shutdown now. Was working fine this issue just randomly occurred so Windows 8 cant be the issue.

I dont need to watch those dirty brasses but if that is your thing mate feel free lol.
Have you set it back to an earlier date before this started to happen ??

Have you set it back to an earlier date before this started to happen ??

Nah mate windows asked to install updates when I pressed shut down. Hour later still on didnt shut down.

Never happened before this issue so not sure if something corrupted or what.

Ok will see if can find it.

There few other things can try to see if it can fully shutdown.

I just hate having to hold the power button on PC just to turn it off as know files etc could get corrupted.

they are expensive but well worth the money. had my MacBook Pro for 4 years now decent miss a beat!

Sounds like a process of some sort is stuck and is not shutting down properly. Handy if you can get hold of the tool mentioned but otherwise I would go to task manager and shut down apps one at a time each time when you are shutting down and see if you close one down and then your device shuts down without hanging. Hope that makes sense.
If you force a process and then your device shuts down you've found the process that is causing the issue. May just be a case of a reinstall of the offending program.

Back