Kennel cough

Cool ! I'm surprised they didn't try give you a prescription for the Benylin

I got some Arthritis meds for my mutt a few days ago, 'we do a 100ml bottle for fifty pounds' she said, my dog only has a few ml a day so I thought that's not bad it'll last her 6 months

When I got home and googled it, it's £14
Still needs a prescription though and they charge for writing one out if you don't get the meds off them so they've got you by the nads anyway

Well Ive been to the vets. It is kennel cough. Was told to give her
Benylin childrens dry cough mixture 5mg/5ml concentration
2ml twice a day (1 teaspoon)
If she gets any worse then I have to take her back. (she wont be going back unless her head is hanging off) :LOL:

So our little 3 minute day trip to the vets cost me 27.84. Robbing tw@ts but at least now we know, and it might just save someone else paying out when they dont need to.
Thanks to everyone who gave advice etc
load a syringe 50p from boots with benylin tyxylix no mess 100% effective .
good luck with your dog ..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cool ! I'm surprised they didn't try give you a prescription for the Benylin

I got some Arthritis meds for my mutt a few days ago, 'we do a 100ml bottle for fifty pounds' she said, my dog only has a few ml a day so I thought that's not bad it'll last her 6 months

When I got home and googled it, it's £14
Still needs a prescription though and they charge for writing one out if you don't get the meds off them so they've got you by the nads anyway
Vets charge just what the hell they want. We once had an outbreak of fleas. The dogs were on frontline spot on at the time. Rang vets they said to get nexgard as that was good. Cant remember what they charged, but it was stupid money. Never went back for anymore, and I now get their nexgard online with no prescription needed. at less than half price, theyve never had any problems with it at all

Vets charge just what the hell they want. We once had an outbreak of fleas. The dogs were on frontline spot on at the time. Rang vets they said to get nexgard as that was good. Cant remember what they charged, but it was stupid money. Never went back for anymore, and I now get their nexgard online with no prescription needed. at less than half price, theyve never had any problems with it at all
i am off to Abu Dhabi.
F1.. then INDIA 27.11.2017

Google your script usually i can get a dogs requirments over counter
I lost my terrior march if i can help with meds let me know
1519399e63b0486a9551e9195db260a4.jpg

load a syringe 50p from boots with benylin tyxylix no mess 100% effective .
good luck with your dog ..

Would this have the same effect, cos cant get the benylin dry cough not anywhere, can get online but kinda need something now. The vet did say can only give them the benylin. Never give a dog cough stuff before, so I dunno. All the dogs have it now

Would this have the same effect, cos cant get the benylin dry cough not anywhere, can get online but kinda need something now. The vet did say can only give them the benylin. Never give a dog cough stuff before, so I dunno. All the dogs have it now
my late dog got kennel cough. Even though he had been inoculated.. Get her
correct weight, and google benelyn for dogs there is lots of forums you will get far better info than i can give my terrior enjoyed benelyn.. he weighed 8kg. i gave him 1mg to start..

i am off to Abu Dhabi.
F1.. then INDIA 27.11.2017

Google your script usually i can get a dogs requirments over counter
I lost my terrior march if i can help with meds let me know
1519399e63b0486a9551e9195db260a4.jpg

lovely dog :grin: lovin that sand dune!
had two Yorkies, my last one died in 2006 and I've thought about her every day since.
If she's not in heaven when I get there I'm gonna kick god in the bollocks.
Got me current dog the day after she died, border collie cross from rescue centre, still running around like a puppy even though she got arthritis, it's being controlled with meds, got pics but none on this laptop, also got vids of her going berserk in front of telly when boxing or horseracing is on, she mad.
She can be eating her food but if she hears an advert come on that she knows there's a horse or a dog in it, she leaves her food and runs over to telly running around in circles and shaking a teddy bear to death in her mouth:LOL:

She's destroyed three tellies in the 11 years I've had her, knocked one off it's stand by jumping at it, put her head through the plastic screen of one of those projector style pieces of crap with 3 coloured bulbs in the back.
Knocked a 32 in smart tv off it's stand last year which had been in the house a month...all these tellies had been given to me so wasn't overly bothered but got a half decent one now so I've fixed it to wall 3ft up, looks shite with cables hanging down the wall but it's better than it becoming another necklace for me dog :(y):

i loved my yorkie with all my heart.
he was 19 when he died. i remember leaving stuss's ball in the centre consul of my brand new merc...
when i came back he ate the consul to get to his ball...
Thats why i loved him . as so unpredictable, yet so faithful ..
sadly missed..

Well Ive been to the vets. It is kennel cough. Was told to give her
Benylin childrens dry cough mixture 5mg/5ml concentration
2ml twice a day (1 teaspoon)
If she gets any worse then I have to take her back. (she wont be going back unless her head is hanging off) :LOL:

So our little 3 minute day trip to the vets cost me 27.84. Robbing tw@ts but at least now we know, and it might just save someone else paying out when they dont need to.
Thanks to everyone who gave advice etc
Exactly what I was going to say Benylin, there are a lot of human treatments that are good for dogs given in the right manor. Recently my dog had a bad bout of the runs. After starving him for 24 hours and little water only, then chicken and rice for a few days, with rice water to drink now and again, nothing changed and he was becoming more lethargic..... I feared Parvo or Distemper. After two trips to the vets and nearly two hundred pounds (in money) lighter. I found out apparently his bad bacteria, had got higher than his good bacteria in his stomach and that apparently was making him ill, and that a pro-biotic natural yoghurt would have done exactly the same as the pro-biotic paste that they prescribed and charged me a fortune for. Don't get me wrong I would NEVER deny him or begrudge him the treatment he requires to get him fit and well again, and some Vets are better than others. It was good that they (the Vets) told you about Benylin, good on them.

Exactly what I was going to say Benylin, there are a lot of human treatments that are good for dogs given in the right manor. Recently my dog had a bad bout of the runs. After starving him for 24 hours and little water only, then chicken and rice for a few days, with rice water to drink now and again, nothing changed and he was becoming more lethargic..... I feared Parvo or Distemper. After two trips to the vets and nearly two hundred pounds (in money) lighter. I found out apparently his bad bacteria, had got higher than his good bacteria in his stomach and that apparently was making him ill, and that a pro-biotic natural yoghurt would have done exactly the same as the pro-biotic paste that they prescribed and charged me a fortune for. Don't get me wrong I would NEVER deny him or begrudge him the treatment he requires to get him fit and well again, and some Vets are better than others. It was good that they (the Vets) told you about Benylin, good on them.

Yep, I give my dog cottage cheese (baby puke) a few times a week as it's a good probitic, mix it with mashed spud or damp oats (cheapo porridge oats) and most dogs will readily wallop it. - got the same probiotic off my vet - in a syringe type container with a measured squeeze, looks and smells like melted chocolate? - forget it, yoghurt or cottage cheese is just as good and more natural, not to mention costs pennies instead of mega £££

Yep, I give my dog cottage cheese (baby puke) a few times a week as it's a good probitic, mix it with mashed spud or damp oats (cheapo porridge oats) and most dogs will readily wallop it. - got the same probiotic off my vet - in a syringe type container with a measured squeeze, looks and smells like melted chocolate? - forget it, yoghurt or cottage cheese is just as good and more natural, not to mention costs pennies instead of mega £££
Never thought of Cottage Cheese, will have to try that one Pablo........ (By the way just watching your program now 'Finding Escoban's Millions' LOL)

Back