keymap.xml advice needed

digitaldr

Noob post alert! I'm attempting to make my Tiviar Alpha+ box (Running OpenATV 6.3 and latest Whooshbuild) wife friendly and am struggling to get my Samsung TV smart remote to work properly as find the Tiviar remote pretty poor. I'm nearly there but can't figure out how to get the Samsung remote back button to work like the Exit button on the Tiviar remote. At the moment the Samsung remote back activates the History zap menu which corresponds to the recall button on the Tiviar remote. I can definitely live without the history zap menu so figured I'd try to fiddle with keymaps.xml and remap the recall button to work like the exit button on the Tiviar remote.

I assumed id="KEY_EXIT" corresponded to the exit button on the remote so I checked what it was mapped to - back, exit or cancel. I then remapped every instance of id=”KEY_BACK" (seems to correspond to the Recall button on the Tiviar remote) to back, exit and cancel in turn testing after each change. All that happened was that the recall button has now been disabled - screen just displays a little x in the top right corner when I press it.

Maybe what I'm trying to do isn't possible?? Any help greatly appreciated!

sam.jpgtiv.jpg

No - my Samsung TV let me set up their remote to work with Tiviar branded equipment and it works fine apart from the back button. I tried HDMI CEC ages back but couldn't find any way around the standby button going out of sync.

Back