Khan targets bout with Floyd Mayweather

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
414.jpg

Britain's Amir Khan believes he will be ready to fight undefeated Floyd Mayweather "within the next 12 months".

The 24-year-old defeated Zab Judah in their light-welterweight unification fight in Las Vegas on Saturday.

And Khan said: "My aim is to move up the pound-for-pound rankings and to one day be pound-for-pound champion.

"The Mayweather fight is something I'm looking at the for the future and it would be huge for me. It would drive me on."

The Bolton fighter added: "I've got the speed and the skills and with [trainer] Freddie Roach polishing me up a little more, it's a fight we can win."

A fierce shot to Judah's body was enough to earn Khan the IBF crown to go alongside the WBA title he has defended since 2009.

The Olympic silver medallist will now choose from a variety of potential next opponents before opting for Mayweather.

"I'll take a look at the short list.

"I'm still a fight or two away from there yet. At 25 I'll fight at 147 pounds and see where we go from there.

"We just keep on collecting titles, that's what we want to do. I'm only 24 and there's a lot of improvement to come."

Earlier in the week, Mayweather signalled a desire to defend his titles in the UK, but of Khan said "there's nothing there we haven't seen before in boxing".

"I'd love to go over and put on a great show and a great fight for my number one fans," the former number one pound-for-pound fighter said.

"When I went over there 5,000 fans watched me train. It was truly marvellous. I'd like to fight at Wembley, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best."

Before moving up to the 147lbs division, Khan could possibly fight Mexican Erik Morales or WBC and WBO title-holder Tim Bradley. Khan's management has claimed Bradley is not interested in the clash, despite the offer of a 50-50 revenue split.

i want to see this happen, will be a massive fight, mayweather has been running his mouth, someone needs to shut it for him.

I'll be honest. I've been a fan of Amir Khan for a while, but haven't been the best supporter recently. Haven't quite watched all the matches that he has had. But slowly i'm getting far more excited with boxing and MMA than I have been before. Don't know much about Floyd Mayweather, but just checked out some videos and can quite easily tell it will be one hell of a fight if that happens. As for Mayweather running his mouth, that is true, but I guess I can say that it isn't bad as what David Haye said before his match with Klitschko.

But yeah a well deserved break for Amir. Ramadhan will be tough, so I guess this is going to continue to put his body through quite a tough challenge.

Back