Kindle FIREHD 8.9 stuck in TWRP unable to flash rom HELP PLZ!!!

hi guys , so i found an old kindle firehd 8.9 in the cupboard the other day and managed to get it rooted. It took a while to get TWRP recovery installed but i got there.
Now i have a wee problem , whenever i try and flash a custom rom through the adb sideload function im met with the error:

"* cannot read 'cm-12.1-20161016-NIGHTLY-jem' *

Each time i try and sideload the rom to the kindle im met with the same. I read a bit on another forum that quoted something to do with the \LargeAddress function on windows,so downloaded a piece of software that lets you edit and manage the amount of RAM available to cater for the size of file. Still to no avail!!! Ive came this far with it , so im not wanting to give up on it now. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

It's been a very long time since I tackled anything like that. However, a couple of thoughts:-
CM nightlies are just that are just that - nightlies - and you appear to be using one that is over 4 years old, so you could be running into all sorts of dependency issues
The smart kiddies usually hang-out here;- Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD, 8.9" Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire 2
Okay m8 cheers for the reply. I've tried a few different builds lineage resurrection etc. Took me ages to get it rooted. I've been on xda and the posts made last for device are as you says 4 years old lol. I've changed os down to Windows 7 to see if I can get it to flash that way as Windows 8.1 and 10 are really nannyish when it comes to system files like adb etc. Thanks man.

Back