The Kinect for Windows SDK beta is a starter kit for applications developers that includes APIs, sample code, and drivers. This SDK enables the academic research and enthusiast communities to create rich experiences by using Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect sensor technology on computers running Windows 7.
The Kinect for Windows SDK beta includes the following:
- Drivers, for using Kinect sensor devices on a computer running Windows 7.
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) and device interfaces, together with technical documentation.
- Source code samples.
System requirements Hardware
- Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor
- Computer with a dual-core, 2.66-GHz or faster processor
- Windows 7–compatible graphics card that supports DirectX® 9.0c capabilities
- 2-GB RAM (4-GB RAM recommended)
- Windows 7 (x86 or x64)
- Visual Studio 2010 Express (or other 2010 edition)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- For additional requirements for samples, see the Readme file
- On this page, click Download to start the Kinect for Windows SDK beta download.
- Click Run to start Setup, and follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard.
Or, to save the download on your computer so that you can install it later, click Save.
Kinect For Windows