Kodi crashing Solo2 box

Pedro1803

Hello guys,

I'm wondering if somebody could help me with a problem I have?

I have the Vu+ Solo2 running OpenVix 4.2.001. When I install Kodi via the plugin menu, it seems to install fine & work fine. However when I come to exit Kodi the screen just freeze's! I then have to turn the box off via the switch at the back killing the power to the receiver. When I turn the box back on, it's hangs on the boot screen which just shows the boot logo & is unresponsive to anything pressed on the remote. Again the only way I can get the box to turn of is via the switch at the back. Strangely, if I unplug the LAN from the box it all boot's up fine but this leaves the box with no internet connection. The second I plug the LAN back in, boom it freezes again??

In case this helps on understanding my problem, I have a NAS box connected to my Solo2 using the mount options so all my recordings etc.. are saved to this as my hdd & I do see the .kodi folder.

If I remove kodi by reflashing the box with a backed up image, all works fine but the minute I install kodi I have this problem. I have also tried installing kodi on a fresh image & still the problem remains.

Things I have tried reading other posts is to change the resolution settings, from disabled to enable from 50Hz to 60Hz but still have the problem. I have also tried changing the cams config file to {00} instead of {03} as this was suggested in a post but still crashes.

Unfortunately I am unable to get any error logs off the box as the box crashes when the LAN is plugged in, I have tried saving the logs to a USB stick via the settings but after a failed boot up there are no logs stored?

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

If your box is genuine and not a clone, look on the forum of where you possibly got it from. Sure users are in the same sitch with your model

deja vu i went using my kodi on w7 laptop and upon exit it froze and not let me out ,still logged in and eventually escaped,i wonder was it doing something?

Back