Kodi for Dummies

aphuk

I have been looking at what info I can find in the forum on Kodi and am stuck big time

I have looked at the IPTV plugin and thought I may find Kodi there but I am snookered, as far as I can tell.

What little I know of Kodi is that it provides you with access to Films and Television over the Internet so I was hoping that I could run it from my zGemma ?

Any help/advice please anyone ?

Wow Willo. Followed ur link and read up a bit and i am seriously concerned about how many different flavours of install there appear to be. I am absolutely bricking it now as most of the posts in the first thread were about failed installs etc. I was really hoping there would be a straightforward plugin that allowed me to stream KODI stuff through my zGemma but none of the plug-ins I have use Kodi in their title and when I started up the IPTV plugin, it said, "You need an update" so I said "YES" to that. Went back 10 minutes later and the total "Update" had failed !! Yikes !!

When you go into Plugins press the green button to download. It should be in the extensions section.
Personally I wouldn't bother, it's not very good. A firestick is much better.

On the H5 box press green button/green button/extensions/then scroll until you find kodidirect and press ok.
It is there as i have just checked H5 box.
The services in IPTV are far superior to the Kodidirect plug in.

The services in IPTV are far superior to the Kodidirect plug in.
Thnx Benj. Tried the IPTV plug in that was already installed on my zGemma (as delivered) and it said it needed an update. Tried to install the update and it failed. !! I see from what is being said here that KODI does not work too well on the zGemma and I do not want to buy a Firestick but if IPTV does what KODI does then I just need an IPTV plugin that works on a zGemma i think

KODI on ZGEMMA is pants. Don't bother. IPTV is very good - so good in fact I've stopped using KODI on my PI. What error did you get when updating IPTV? Tried it again?

EDITED to add I'm running Woosh v5.3. IPTV runs great on it.

Last edited:
Most of the feeds give you a search option which is very useful. Hopefully your ISP hasn't blocked most of the links. Remember you can toggle between download and player within IPTV using the green button.

good luck.

Back