Landline phone query

No mate ive just asked the old lady's carer at the end of the street.
They have trouble getting through to some clients when they aint hung up the phone properly etc.
Is this for an older person or just dont wanna get call charges from VM for free call time period 🤔🤔🤔🤔

No mate ive just asked the old lady's carer at the end of the street.
They have trouble getting through to some clients when they aint hung up the phone properly etc.
Is this for an older person or just dont wanna get call charges from VM for free call time period 🤔🤔🤔🤔
As far as I'm aware all providers give you 1 hour to talk free as much as you want any time depending on package.

But if you exceed 1 hour that's when the silly charges kick in.

Bills previously have been double sometimes 3 times just because family member hasn't bothered to hang up before the hour is up and redial.

Shame such a feature /setting isn't built into the handset to end the call automatically.

Would save a lot of headache for sure :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah providers wont do it ( especially VM ) trust me i asked a while back.
They dont make any money from the phone package otherwise.
All i got from the online chat was, if you dont want to go over the allotted 60 min free call period was Set an alarm on your phone or use a mechanical alarm clock set for 55 mins ffs.
What the f..ck use is that to a person that has Dementia etc.

Yeah providers wont do it ( especially VM ) trust me i asked a while back.
They dont make any money from the phone package otherwise.
All i got from the online chat was, if you dont want to go over the allotted 60 min free call period was Set an alarm on your phone or use a mechanical alarm clock set for 55 mins ffs.
What the f..ck use is that to a person that has Dementia etc.
Ye that's long that's why I hoped maybe some higher spec landline phones would do that job.

0845 and 0870 and numbers wanted to dial and speaking to VM rep recently they said can call those numbers any time any day for free. Only catch is you have 1000 free minutes for those numbers. Can't find information on the website of theirs.

Keep telling my parents just hang up before 60 minutes and redial and keep doing that and carry on talking I don't care but they don't listen. Only so much I can do.

Back