Laptop going slow and downloads fail

cactikid

VIP Member
Windows 7 laptop is getting slow from off to running and getting firefox browsing running 20 mins + and ran crap cleaner which ran health check and repairs,no reg issues.,malwarebytes premium clear, Avg anti virus clean.

Tonight on facebook i can see some photos dont contain a picture but only a black and white picture with a camera image showing?
Downloads are failing as shown as cancelled even when doing a screenshot on webif
What might i be looking at,hard drive failure as unsure where to start an d might have to clear desktop with many files just in case.
Also have adblocker and malwarebytes running on browser.

easy way to speed up an old/slow laptop is putting an ssd in it & if its still available use the free upgrade to Windows10, not displaying media correctly is most likely software related so installing as biff suggests should help but if you want to give the laptop a new lease of life replace its current hdd for an ssd

Strange today it was working ok and not done any updates or changes so if there were issues it should still happen?

Could be hdd failing. Back up your stuff just in case. Signs of a failing hdd include very slow performance and exhibiting weird behavior.

If hdd was failing it would keep happening would it not but even on this pc things are changing if logging onto a site and its ask you to review cookies and other stuff. [BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU ]

uninstall that folders or apps that you are not used because it take space and slow down your laptop , i have been using expeder its brand is Viper since 2 months its working perfectly .

Back