LCD TV Power Problem. Not Powering up. Can Anybody Help me PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have a 42" Hyundai LCD TV that strangely stopped working last night. It worked fine until we decided to mount it on a wall. We carefully took it off its stand, i didn't notice it getting knocked or any leads caught, tho i think the power cord was still connected while we lifted it off its stand.
The whole process was a bit awkward as my partner had to take the weight whilst i unscrewed the last screw connecting it to the stand.
We mounted it on the wall, connected all the cables, plugged it in and hey presto, it didnt work :( . The TV was no longer booting up or showing any standby light. i was baffled so i tried a different lead which i knew worked but to no avail. I started looking for a power switch on the TV which may have been knocked to off but it didnt exist. I did hear a faint click noise every time i pushed the power cord as far into the socket as i could.
I'm starting to think the power inlet socket has come away from its solder or a fuse/ resistor/ capacitor or summat has blown. (I'm not a spark so i havent the slightest clue what i'm talking about there.
But anyway, the TV is now laying face down all cleaned out with a hair dryer and looks like new inside, however, my daughter will be waiting to go to bed in the next hour so i'm DESPERATE for any help, which would be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading if nowt else

Congratulations, 4 threads on the same thing in one day, you going for a record? ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back