Leeds Vs MUFC

36red

Yes it's Leeds 2nd. cup final of the season. Got battered 6-2 at Old Trafford in December but will be rooting for revenge today.
Funnily enough although there is a lot of heated rivalry between yorkshire/lancashire I have quite like Leeds playing style this season.
Of promoted clubs in recent years Leeds have played some really nice football and Phillips and Bamford know how to play the game.
Could be a good game today I'm going for a narrow win for MUFC.
Here we go!

Tbf a Premier League Discussion Thread, European Football Thread, English Championship & L1&2 Thread, International Football Thread, and a Non-League & Scottish Football Thread would probably be a good way to keep football chat in relevant places.

Always liked leed from the viduka/ferdinand/hasslebank days hopefully they don't do a wolves be good a couple of seasons then end up in a relagatiin dog fight.
Good to see Bamford getting game time shame he couldn't make it at Chelsea as seems a good talent wasted

Well that was a damp squib. Leeds resorting to the physical stuff like the old days and held on for a point.
Guess when you've been slaughtered in the first game you will do anything to stop that happening again.
Oh wait not all teams do that, when spurs won at old t, in the return fixture down in london we ripped em apart, got full revenge and took all the spoils.
That's the difference between a big 6 club and a wannabe.
Right on to the other big game of the day the mighty villa against west brom, easy home win here 3-1.

Well this thread was more entertaining than the game lol
watching paint dry would have been more entertaining as well, dire game for sure.
and thanks for your thumbs up about my thread, I'm glad you were entertained it's what I try and do to brighten up everyone's day, always impartially of course.
and if you have forgotten, you should have a remote control for your tv, if you don't like what's on, simplez turn over, job done :smiley:

Last edited:
A good point for Manchester United. They've taken advantage of other teams inconsistency to scrape themselves to second in the league, a fantastic achievement for a team like United to be within 4 wins of City at this stage of the season.

A good point for Manchester United. They've taken advantage of other teams inconsistency to scrape themselves to second in the league, a fantastic achievement for a team like United to be within 4 wins of City at this stage of the season.
Yeah mate a couple of players away from having a good run, i think ole will already know who he's after In the window

On reflection a point is better than none and its erm 20 aways games on the bounce unbeaten now, nope got that wrong its 20 league titles and 24 unbeaten away premier league games on the spin.
3rd last season and hopefully 2nd this season Ollys getting some improvement. A couple of good signings in the summer and United might put up a realistic title challenge next season.

On reflection a point is better than none and its erm 20 aways games on the bounce unbeaten now, nope got that wrong its 20 league titles and 24 unbeaten away premier league games on the spin.

Some great "backs to the wall" performances for a good (winless) stretch of that unbeaten run too. All credit to Ole for sticking two fingers up at the purists among the United fans, who were raised on entertaining attacking football, and being happy to grind out bore draws.

One domestic cup in the bag, the league as good as won, and still in the Champions League with every chance of winning it for the first time in their history. Pep has bounced back from last season in some style there.

It's the one the owners covet most and I'm sure Guardiola would love to be the first to win what will undoubtedly be the first of many European trophies in a glittering Manchester era.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad game tbh. Leeds hate to say it are better than they showed today.

Give credit to Leeds been entertaining to watch this season as a neutral despite being shocking at the back.

Yes a point for United. But felt like United were more protecting their away record than anything else. So many dropped points in games they should not have dropped them in. Could have made it more difficult for city if they took those points. Oh well move to next season now.

Well that was a damp squib. Leeds resorting to the physical stuff like the old days and held on for a point.
Guess when you've been slaughtered in the first game you will do anything to stop that happening again.
Oh wait not all teams do that, when spurs won at old t, in the return fixture down in london we ripped em apart, got full revenge and took all the spoils.
That's the difference between a big 6 club and a wannabe.
Right on to the other big game of the day the mighty villa against west brom, easy home win here 3-1.
We have taken 5 points from City, Liverpool and Man U in as many weeks that's a very decent point tally from that lot for a team newly promoted.

Our style is adapting we have played all teams the once and Bielsa now knows exactly whats needed to get something from a game, we are evolving. The teams i mentioned played our Championship squad plus one player brought in for the Prem. Let that sink in fella your playing a championship squad and failed to beat us this time. We have started to play this way against counter attacking sides proving we are far from one dimensional . 3 additions in keys areas next season and our attacking press will return for the top sides that i promise you its the Bielsa way.

As for us playing dirty i see it another way there were a hell of a lot of acrobatics goin on ref ruined the game and Shaw knew exactly what he was doing watch it back he moved the arm in the direction of the ball but it still remained in a questionable area by his side.

MOT

Back