Leicester lockdown tightened

It's no coincidence that an area like Leicester has been hit with a second wave.
With over 50% of the city been of an ethnic background who mainly live in larger family communities.

There are 3 other towns showing huge spikes in 2nd wave incidents:
Rochdale
Bradford
Barnsley
who also have larger than average ethnic population.
These people are clearly are not listening and are ignoring social distancing or figures would not rise.

If they want to keep family ties closed in these times then go ahead but keep the F away from me.
This is what happened in Italy. Italians tend have large families living together grand parents etc gatherings, family meals get togethers
Most familes in the hotspots lived on the outskirts of major towns say like Milan.

The younger generation would thencommute into say Milan (due to the cost of living in Milan) then bring the Covid back to their families hence the reason italy had such a large death rate.
Its virtually impossible to tell a large ethnic family say in Leicester not to gather and this is why the number has gone up and up.
Once the Gov started off with this "bubble" , "One friend" relaxing restrictions numbers has risen. Now I don't know who's making these choices but they need thier head seeing to.
We should have locked down till at least the 1st August just to give us a fighting chance.

Do they f--cking think a germ knows 1m to 2m ??

I think it also has to do with income equality. The reality is those on lower paid jobs have been working throughout. Factories and what not

I live in a low average community lots worked through it and it's not rife here. In alot of factories low paid jobs they did at least make some attempt to social distance which I'm sure lessened the blow.

You cant do this in a close and busy household were loads are coming and going. And as for Places Of Worship been re-opened ?, I'm sure this will factor in to the rising Covid numbers.

I don't disagree with you btw but the reality is that those on lower incomes have in most cases had to work. If they didn't have to leave the home for work they wouldn't be coming and going. Obviously that's not true everywhere and people have taken the p1ss too.

Gigantic company like Boohoo getting away with slave labour and to make it worse workers in these factories havent fallen ill due to testing positive for covid 19. Atrocious working conditions, atrocious pay and on top of all that these workers health being seriously affected due to the virus.

Such companies dont give a toss about workers and their health even during this time. Only damn profits.

Boohoo to investigate supplier over claim it paid workers £3.50 an hour

£3.50 an hour ?, I'm not been funny but the employee must carry some of the blame there. Were I live there are agencies screaming for workers, packing delivery food process. They pay £8-£12 depending on shifts not brilliant money but "get you by" money. I don't live in London so you can happily get along on that kind of money. I don't mean 3 holidays a year I mean eat, pay rent and cloth yourself. And if you have a family the Gov will top it up that's if you qualify or pay part of your rent.

£3.50 an hour ?, no one needs to believe you me that's unless you arent meant to be in the country or your 12 years of age. If no one is prepared to work for £3.50 an hour then that person will go out of business or he'll have to pay the going rate. You'd probably get more in free rent and dole

Unfortunately, I think they will find that some of those that are being paid such low wages don't have the correct documentation to work here, vulnerable to an extent or being paid cash in had also and quite possibly claiming benefits at the same time. I really can't believe the £3.50 though, car washers around the midlands get paid a min of £5 an hour cash in hand if not a bit more and it isn't even skilled labour.

The reality is that fast fashion such as Boohoo, Primark, Zara and all the rest are guilty of practices like this and practices that impact the environment.

As long as labour is cheap and major profits are to be made practices of these massive companies aint gona change.

Paying peanuts to these workers is what alot of these companies thrive on as they want as much profits as they can.

Clothing sector is known for such appalling wages being paid to wages in awful working conditions.

As long as labour is cheap and major profits are to be made practices of these massive companies aint gona change.

Paying peanuts to these workers is what alot of these companies thrive on as they want as much profits as they can.

Clothing sector is known for such appalling wages being paid to wages in awful working conditions.

the lower costs are being passed onto the consumer. fast fashion is hyper-competitive the price of garments is pushed down to around the cost of producing one extra unit. their profit comes from volume and to do volume they require low costs.

once the practice of paying UK workers £3.50 an hour is eradicated production will shift to where labour per hour + shipping costs = £3.50 + shipping cost.

the lower costs are being passed onto the consumer. fast fashion is hyper-competitive the price of garments is pushed down to around the cost of producing one extra unit. their profit comes from volume and to do volume they require low costs.

once the practice of paying UK workers £3.50 an hour is eradicated production will shift to where labour per hour + shipping costs = £3.50 + shipping cost.
Will my underpants go up or come down?

Your quids in, it will be like you win the Euro lottery on a Friday then the UK on the Saturday,

double wammy, literally.

If there's a few in the toilet the guy at the front will be screaming,

"Form a Circle !!!"

Your quids in, it will be like you win the Euro lottery on a Friday then the UK on the Saturday,

double wammy, literally.

If there's a few in the toilet the guy at the front will be screaming,

"Form a Circle !!!"
Ha ha you seem to know about that sort of thing a bit too much :unsure:

Looks like Blackburn & Luton are facing another spike/2nd wave.
As we relax social distancing we will see rises in new infection rates.the Gov are playing a balancing game between kick starting the economy and the spread of the virus.
Social gathering Events sports demo's should all be banned,
Pubs should have never been opened for now,
We should have worn masks from day one, why tf they told us 4 months on is beyond me,
All abit to soon for me all the while the virus kicks of its slippers and smoking jacket and jumps back into its trainers and joggers thinking it's Christmas again.

Back