LetterBomb: Wii System Menu 4.3 Jailbreak

bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
not tried it myself i do not have a wii (y)

As with anything related to the Wii, once you have an exploit installed or The Homebrew Channel installed, DO NOT update the Wii console if it asks you to. Future updates kill homebrew unless another exploit is found.

A new interesting LetterBomb exploit/jailbreak has been released for the Wii that involves exploiting the Wii System Menu messaging center. This exploit is aimed for enabling homebrew on System Menu 4.3, however it may work for older system menu versions.

Today we are announcing a project that changes this completely and removes the requirement for an exploitable game.

In memory of BannerBomb, we present you with LetterBomb, a brand new System Menu exploit that will allow you to enable homebrew with the push of an envelope (no stamp licking involved)

This exploit reuses (and abuses) some of some Nintendo’s Wii Messageboard functionality.

…and the requirements, along with the instructions:

Whats required?
1. A Wii running System Menu 4.3 (E/U/J/K)
2. SD card with some free space
3. Wii’s WiFi MAC Address (visit the Wii’s system settings (under internet))

How to?

1. Visit
Code:
http://please.hackmii.com/
on your pc and enter the required information.
2. It will download a zip package with everything needed inside. Extract this to the root of your Wii’s SD card.
3. Now navigate to the “messageboard” (Message Icon) on your Wii in the default view browse to “yesterday” (sometimes it may be in “today” depending on your timezone.
4. Now you should see an envelope, select it and hope for the best.

And that’s pretty much it. Once the exploit works, you’re free to explore the world of homebrew. Good luck!

Just read about this bobby123,it should save a lot of hassel trying to source the games to enable homebrew,i will be doing one fairly soon so i will try it out,it says if the wii fails the systems checks of the installer it wont run so no harm no foul

I might get a chance to do this tomorrow night. Won't have to trouble you for that game afterall sinno :-)

HTC Desire S-Tapatalk

Let us know how you get on axxxo,i haven't gotten hold of the other one to test it out yet,it realy looks straight forward enough

This looks like the Dog's Bobby, and so much simpler than the smash bros brawl/ indiana jones expoit, and having to track down those games.
here is a You Tube Video showing how easy it is:-

[video=youtube;12jctaJlQdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12jctaJlQdM[/video]

Last edited:
Works like a charm lads :)
Took a minute for me to find the letterbomb though as it just appeared as a normal message until i moved the cursor over it, then it changed to the letterbomb picture shown in the video.
Now, gotta go back up the nand an all that crap again :)
think we'll sticky this one!

hi i filled in mac adress and found the letter on messages and the screen just freezes/ crashes is there another was to soft mod my wii

Yes tintinbcfc,you will require a game from the lego series,did you put in the correct region for your wii for letterbomb

yeah put correct region but got no game from lego sereies what do i have to do with lego i may sound dum but all help would be good thanks

There are a number of them tintinbfc,there is an exploit using the save of the game to allow the instalation of homebrew,see if you can rent one or pick one up cheap

tintinbfc i forgot to ask did you have the sd card formatted to fat 32 and also dont use a sdhc card

Back