LG full channel storage issue?

lostone

TK Supporter
Hi all,

Recently installed a motorised dish (did it aaaall by myself, proud moment here!!! 😎 ) and hooked the cable directly into the tv, which has a sat scanner built in, supports motorised systems, etc.

Long story-short, after tuned-in about 5-6 (ish) different satellites, now it won't tune in others, getting a "channels storage full", anyone else got this issue or knows a fix for it?
Tried to find if there's a fix for it in other sources (forums, blogs, etc) but nothing so far. Looks like it won'd go over the 1500 channels mark.
And yes, I do know there are tons of duplicated channels that can be deleted to make more space, it just feels a bit weird having a channels list limit with the technology nowadays.

Thanks

PS: not sure if this if the right forum for the post, please move if necessary).

Hi all,

Recently installed a motorised dish (did it aaaall by myself, proud moment here!!! 😎 ) and hooked the cable directly into the tv, which has a sat scanner built in, supports motorised systems, etc.

Long story-short, after tuned-in about 5-6 (ish) different satellites, now it won't tune in others, getting a "channels storage full", anyone else got this issue or knows a fix for it?
Tried to find if there's a fix for it in other sources (forums, blogs, etc) but nothing so far. Looks like it won'd go over the 1500 channels mark.
And yes, I do know there are tons of duplicated channels that can be deleted to make more space, it just feels a bit weird having a channels list limit with the technology nowadays.

Thanks

PS: not sure if this if the right forum for the post, please move if necessary).
Memory on smart tvs tend to be very small so you are limited not really a lot you can do. Might want to look at getting a dedicated satellite box plenty to choose from.

Oh yeah, got one of those as well, it was just for the "fun" of it, tech-wise.
Cheers for the reply.
Nothing much you can do but not scanning radio channels and payTV channels just the FTA stuff will help.

1500 channels is nothing though.

Nothing much you can do but not scanning radio channels and payTV channels just the FTA stuff will help.

1500 channels is nothing though.
this was with the fta ony, no radio.
or at least that's how I scanned, noticed there were quite few scrambled channels went through...

Back