LG tv 55UB820V help

Good evening had this tv for 3 years , I’ve got a vertical line running down the screen top to bottom as pictured . Any advice on how to fix welcome

Attachments

• 4C129B8F-12C0-4483-A6CE-D26FBC322E94.jpeg
    4C129B8F-12C0-4483-A6CE-D26FBC322E94.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Think that's gonna need a screen replacement mate
I had same problem on a 60" hitachi plasma years ago and the only fix was a screen replacement and would of cost pretty much the same price as buying a new TV. Don't know how much a screen would cost nower days for yours,you would have to get a quote and go from there

With the World Cup coming up think there'll be a lot of deals/sales on TVs so you might pick one up a bit cheaper on sale. Maybe have a look at Argos as they have different offers each week and if you get a store card you can pay over 9 or 12 months so your not paying out a lump sum in one go

It is not worth replacing screens nowadays unless it is under guarantee. The cost of the screen and the labour to fit it would cost more than a new TV.

I think the brick method can sometimes make the lines seem slightly worse than they were to start with. The breeze block method however is much softer and less lightly to scratch the surface as it passes through the screen.

Ok well I’m away next week , local tv repair charge £20 for inspection so will see what they say for the sake of £20, is richer sounds with their long warranty offers the best way to go in future ?

Some others might do an extra warranty and not just 1 year but 5,so worth it if paying.luckily i had it on a cheap tv that failed around 2 years.

I always take out a 5 year Warranty and nearly every time i have had to claim on the cheaper tvs I am Using Panasonic at the moment so far they have been very good no problems and come with 5 year warranty as standard

People have suggested the brick/baseball method but it takes some effort and a few swings this is a quick alternative.

house-fire.jpg

Last edited:
Erm you could accidentally drop it while moving it and claim it off your home insurance. If you are covered for accidental damage.

Just a thought. Although these days you can pick a 50" tv for £500 so hardly seems worth it.

Back