Linux mint for windows

i have downloaded the linux mint on Windows 7 and then i burnt it onto a disk after trying to install it onto a disk just past halfway i get this grey box ERROR message saying a ERROR occured invalid argument for more information . please see the log file c\users /-1appdata\local\temp/wub-15-rev266_log i have however tried to boot the disk on auto an manual but i still get same message please help thankyou .

Last edited:
i had a similar problem with both zorin and mint.read tutorial after turorial on how to dual boot with win7. cant remember all the errors but i finally gave up.if windows 9 is as crappy as windows8 i think i will try install without dual boot. hopefully one of the linux gurus will chime in here.

Is your error during the burning process or during the actual installation of mint? If during the installation can you boot from the disk into linux mint? The disk should be a live disk where you can run the linux os from the disk alone, in order to try it out.

Is your error during the burning process or during the actual installation of mint? If during the installation can you boot from the disk into linux mint? The disk should be a live disk where you can run the linux os from the disk alone, in order to try it out.
its during installing the disk i have tried booting the disk from into the linx mint? aswell it wont do that i still get the same message .

Sounds like either the download had an error and was corrupt or the burn was corrupt. Try a different disk and burn the image again, preferrably with a high quality disk. If I remember correctly, the mint image is to large for a cd and has to be burnt to dvd. DVDs have a high variance of quality between the manufactures. If the new disk gives you the same error, you can try downloading the file again.

Sounds like either the download had an error and was corrupt or the burn was corrupt. Try a different disk and burn the image again, preferrably with a high quality disk. If I remember correctly, the mint image is to large for a cd and has to be burnt to dvd. DVDs have a high variance of quality between the manufactures. If the new disk gives you the same error, you can try downloading the file again.
i dont think the download was corrupt i think it was the disk size im gonna try a different disk thankyou for your reply .

" c\users /-1appdata\local\temp/wub-15-rev266_log"

I'm a little curious that a log file is being put into what appears your C Drive of your Windows 7 partition? How are you running this CD, inside of windows or via the CD on boot up?

Also what are you trying to achieve? If you want to work with Linux Mint but have Windows as your main OS, I suggest running VMWare Player to virtualise the entire experience.

I seen that as well dan, was why I suggested trying to run the live cd on boot, but I am unsure as to what took place?

" c\users /-1appdata\local\temp/wub-15-rev266_log"

I'm a little curious that a log file is being put into what appears your C Drive of your Windows 7 partition? How are you running this CD, inside of windows or via the CD on boot up?

Also what are you trying to achieve? If you want to work with Linux Mint but have Windows as your main OS, I suggest running VMWare Player to virtualise the entire experience.
im running CD inside of Windows im trying to achieve were i failed with XMBC to install linux mint as i was told you should be able to run it on Windows without any problems as with XMBC there can be problem when installing on Windows , how do run a VMWARE player and were do i get that from ? and thankyou for you reply .

is there another way of installing Linux onto Windows other than burning to a disk as i have tryed that and it will not install as i have said above it fails halfway through installation . if so could you please send me the link how to do it please thankyou .

I am trying to figure out exactly what it is you are trying to achieve? Why are you wanting to run Mint from within windows? If you want to experiment with mint without installing it, then simply leave the disk in your drive and restart the pc and let it boot to the disk. You can run linux from the disk without actually installing it and messing up your windows installation. Alternatively, you can install the linux os as a dual boot along side windows. This allows you to choose which OS you want to use when the system starts.

I am trying to figure out exactly what it is you are trying to achieve? Why are you wanting to run Mint from within windows? If you want to experiment with mint without installing it, then simply leave the disk in your drive and restart the pc and let it boot to the disk. You can run linux from the disk without actually installing it and messing up your windows installation. Alternatively, you can install the linux os as a dual boot along side windows. This allows you to choose which OS you want to use when the system starts.
im trying to achieve installing limux on my computer soi can watch movies and sports and loads of other things on there were as i cant with XMBC as it wont install i have tried to install disk on pc it gets so far and it fails it will not boot auto or manual either so the OS dosent work this is why im back here asking for help im sorry i cant be more informative but i just dont know what else to do thankyou for your post .

[video=youtube;uQR08l6W4g8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQR08l6W4g8[/video]

took about an hour and im back on the forumn using linux mint. going to take some getting used to but i kinda like it already. excellent tutorial.

i have have now downloaded to a disk to the point now that it asks you if you want to reboot computer now or later i chose now then when it rebooted i had this black screen with white message saying now try ( HD 0,0 )NT S5 NO W U BILDR what is this video is straight forward and very good thankyou for that .

i got the same error. still boots into linux eventually.
i see so you leave the message there and it links boots up thankyou

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 AM ----------

i got the same error. still boots into linux eventually.
i see so you leave the message there and it links boots up thankyou
i have just checken on it and the same message is still there but the draw had ejected open with the disk in should that have happened ?

Back