Liverpool make history once again

Shame the double won't happen but fair play I said could the overturn in score be like against ac milan a few year ago but City for league and AJAX to do spuds tonight

What history have they made now?
your counting them chickens again Wheelo, still got Sunday to come, although I do think City will get a narrow win against Brighton, its been a great battle this season, and there may be more title fights between the two in the next few seasons. As for last nights game, when Barcelona have taken heavy defeats in the champions league over the last few years, they have always seemed to be wearing their yellow kit, maybe its time for them to ditch it.

My provider, who hates Liverpool, said if they win he'll eat his hat and do mega deals for the night. Suffice to say, he was not happy lol.

Super result, great for football, and just wonder how many backed & bet a 4-0 result
Whst odds would that be, but i guess a few had a bet on it, well done “the pool”

So much for Barcas yellow kit being unlucky for them, my young lad told me earlier that they didnt wear that one against Psg and Roma, last year, he said they wore their light blue one, so I checked and he was right, well at least it was unlucky for them last night,

your counting them chickens again Wheelo, still got Sunday to come, although I do think City will get a narrow win against Brighton, its been a great battle this season, and there may be more title fights between the two in the next few seasons. As for last nights game, when Barcelona have taken heavy defeats in the champions league over the last few years, they have always seemed to be wearing their yellow kit, maybe its time for them to ditch it.

No chickens being counted, I still expect City to be relegated this season somehow, I simply asked what history was created last night? It was a stonking result, but all it is is a passageway to the final, nothing more.

Greatest comeback in champs history and a sub to come off bench and score twice against barca :unsure:(y)

Possibly in champions league, but not in the top European club cup - Apparently there has been twice a 4-0 deficit overturned (according to local radio this morning) - Sub to come off bench and score twice is hardly a "Historic" event (fabulous for him and Liverpool, particularly as it was a bad tackle by Suarez that made the substitution necessary). I'm not taking anything away from the result, It was fab.

My overall point is that while it was a great result given the first leg scoreline, but it is hardly historic in itself, should they go on to win the Chimps league, then the result will gain a lot more importance as a lot of people wrote them off, possibly even more memorable than the final should it be a bit of a dull game.

What will be historic this year is the fact that no matter who wins the league this year, the second place team will have more points than the first place team in almost every premier league season previously. It has been a great season thus far for the neutral, from liverpool only losing once this season, to being 7 ahead on the day City V Liverpool played when it could have gone out to ten points, to City clawing them back slowly but surely, then overtaking Liverpool, to the pressure they have been putting each other under for months. The fact that it is all to play for on the final day of the season.

No chickens being counted, I still expect City to be relegated this season somehow, I simply asked what history was created last night? It was a stonking result, but all it is is a passageway to the final, nothing more.

Possibly in champions league, but not in the top European club cup - Apparently there has been twice a 4-0 deficit overturned (according to local radio this morning) - Sub to come off bench and score twice is hardly a "Historic" event (fabulous for him and Liverpool, particularly as it was a bad tackle by Suarez that made the substitution necessary). I'm not taking anything away from the result, It was fab.

My overall point is that while it was a great result given the first leg scoreline, but it is hardly historic in itself, should they go on to win the Chimps league, then the result will gain a lot more importance as a lot of people wrote them off, possibly even more memorable than the final should it be a bit of a dull game.

What will be historic this year is the fact that no matter who wins the league this year, the second place team will have more points than the first place team in almost every premier league season previously. It has been a great season thus far for the neutral, from liverpool only losing once this season, to being 7 ahead on the day City V Liverpool played when it could have gone out to ten points, to City clawing them back slowly but surely, then overtaking Liverpool, to the pressure they have been putting each other under for months. The fact that it is all to play for on the final day of the season.
It was only a bit of football banter, nothin more, dont support either of them, but I would rather see Liverpool win the league, for the reason being ,I enjoy watching them more than I do watching Man City .

It was only a bit of football banter, nothin more, dont support either of them, but I would rather see Liverpool win the league, for the reason being ,I enjoy watching them more than I do watching Man City .
I've just watched it again only this time it was spurs! All english final happy days

Brilliant 2nd half from Spurs, but thats 3 champions league home games in a row that Ajax have lost, great results away in the same 3 ties, but the home defeats finally cost them tonight, their team will now be broke up, so it might take them a few years again to get as good as this years team.

Damn, Damn, yes done the dreaded ,spurs out i thought? , turned off at 2-0 & said not another comeback from
3-0 down, great british football, well done spurs

Last edited:
Back