LNBs?

This might help
Dish size is everything.

Dish size is everything. LNBs only have a very very very very .... small effect as does receiver
sensitivity. Dish size is everything! Going from a 0.9dB to a 0.1dB does not have the effect of
5mm of dish diameter! and then the lower noise LNB will only help in good weather, virtually no
effect in bad weather. Bigger dishes provide more signal in all weathers. BUT .. if the dish size
cannot be increased for any reason, the lower noise LNB can help a small amount and it MIGHT be
just enough to pull in a difficult to receive channel that was just coming in but maybe pixilation or
freezing (a common fault caused usually by lack of signal) was a problem and may be stopped.
0.1dB LNBs! To achieve 0.1dBs over a significant frequency range, manufacturers would need super
cooling to slow the electrons down! Simply not possible at normal temperatures in the UK. It may
well be the case that the new 0.1dB LNBs have the lowest noise figures. They are very good LNBs.
Thanks, I've seen a number of LNBs that claim to be 0.1dB and are able to pull weaker signals in but they vary wildly in price and wasn't sure if there was any "you get what you pay for" in terms of performance improvements, but this would suggest not, aside perhaps from build quality. Thanks again.

Premier Sport HD is now on Orange Sat Slovakia if you have the right sub.

Have you used a different LNB before? Any performance gain/loss?
Thanks, I never new there was a Premier Sport channel on 16e, seems it only came on a few weeks ago, i've been looking at the epg and they show live Championship & Scottish Premiership matches as well, (Fri - Cardiff v Fulham, Sun - Rangers v Celtic), there is only one audio channal (Slovak) so there would be no English commentary. It depends what price you have to pay for the sub as the same Premiership matches are likely to be shown on 19e, 13e & 23.5e (Ziggo Sport) as well, with an ordinary Eurosub.
Any decent LNB will do for these sats , I have an inverto LNB because I find it's better for tuning in low signal Biss Feeds.
I get 80% SQ on the Premier Sport TP, 1m dish in NI.

1.jpg

Back