LNBs?

Is there much of a difference in performance of different LNBs?

For instance, will a Technomate TM4 Super High Gain Gold 0.1dB Quad LNB at £14 be worse than an Inverto Black Premium 0.2dB Quad LNB or an Icecrypt 0.1dB Quad LNB at £30 each?

Ordering parts for my multi-sat system and trying to see if the extra spend is worth it. Will be pulling in 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E on 1m dish and 16E on an 85cm dish - based in Glasgow.

13 19 28 might be tight for a standard wide lnb. On a 85 it was very tight had to get a rocket style one to get them on the same bar

This was the type i used black buster rocket
Quads hd 3d ready noise figure 0.1db input
Frequency 10,7 12,75 GHZ polarization linear
H/V price 13pound

Attachments

• 20190621_212603.jpg
    20190621_212603.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 27
This was the type i used black buster rocket
Quads hd 3d ready noise figure 0.1db input
Frequency 10,7 12,75 GHZ polarization linear
H/V price 13pound

They're comparable to the standard technomate LNBs price wise - do you notice any performance improvement/loss over a regular LNB?

Just go for a motor skip that stage out
As you will go motor at some stage lol

I will get a motor at some stage I think but to supp1ement the fixed LNBs. I like the instant switching of fixed LNBs and the ability to watch/record 2 different satellites at once.

*had to use a 1 instead of l as otherwise it's starred out - guessing to stop spam.

This is my next multi l.n.b set up
Installed this set for my friend he lives costal
Very easy to install

Attachments

• SD-06-1-300x300.jpg
    SD-06-1-300x300.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 12
  • LNA-20.jpg
    LNA-20.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 12
This is my next multi l.n.b set up
Installed this set for my friend he lives costal
Very easy to install
I saw that and like the look of it. Would a hybrid Sky LNB fit on it?

I'm Glasgow based so wasn't sure the reception would be as good as a 97cm technomate dish with multi-LNB holder.

Its a good set up for 19 13 28
If you looking to add additional l.n.bs I would
Go for the other multi l.n.b set up

I'm looking for 13, 16, 19.2 & 28.2 but I don't think that is achievable on one dish as it's too tight with 13, 16 & 19. Even a Toroidal dish suggest minimum of 4 degrees between LNBs so looks like I need 1 dish for 13, 16 & 19.2 and another for 16 - which I'm ok with.

The Cahors Bisat looks great but seems really pricey (c£165) compared to, for instance, a technomate with multi-lnb bracket (c£55). Is it available anywhere for less then £150?

Is there much of a difference in performance of different LNBs?

For instance, will a Technomate TM4 Super High Gain Gold 0.1dB Quad LNB at £14 be worse than an Inverto Black Premium 0.2dB Quad LNB or an Icecrypt 0.1dB Quad LNB at £30 each?

Ordering parts for my multi-sat system and trying to see if the extra spend is worth it. Will be pulling in 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E on 1m dish and 16E on an 85cm dish - based in Glasgow.
There's nothing much on 16E with a Eurosub any more, 23.5E is a far better option, you could try 13E, 19.2E and 23.5E on the 1M dish, and have 28E separate on a smaller dish.
I use an inverto twin black ultra lnb on a motorized 1M dish.

There's nothing much on 16E with a Eurosub any more, 23.5E is a far better option, you could try 13E, 19.2E and 23.5E on the 1M dish, and have 28E separate on a smaller dish.
I use an inverto twin black ultra lnb on a motorized 1M dish.

Premier Sport HD is now on Orange Sat Slovakia if you have the right sub.

Have you used a different LNB before? Any performance gain/loss?

This might help
Dish size is everything.

Dish size is everything. LNBs only have a very very very very .... small effect as does receiver
sensitivity. Dish size is everything! Going from a 0.9dB to a 0.1dB does not have the effect of
5mm of dish diameter! and then the lower noise LNB will only help in good weather, virtually no
effect in bad weather. Bigger dishes provide more signal in all weathers. BUT .. if the dish size
cannot be increased for any reason, the lower noise LNB can help a small amount and it MIGHT be
just enough to pull in a difficult to receive channel that was just coming in but maybe pixilation or
freezing (a common fault caused usually by lack of signal) was a problem and may be stopped.
0.1dB LNBs! To achieve 0.1dBs over a significant frequency range, manufacturers would need super
cooling to slow the electrons down! Simply not possible at normal temperatures in the UK. It may
well be the case that the new 0.1dB LNBs have the lowest noise figures. They are very good LNBs.

Back