local cards and cache servers?

lamblamb

TK Veteran
as we are not allowed to post on server requests unless it is for a request,

can any one tell me, especially those who are requesting them,

why on earth do you think that anyone providing a cache server is going to be shite?

there really must be some misguided idea that there are loads of people running cache servers who cannot provide a decent service.

if you luckily manage to get a server running on pure locals you are going to shite yourselves at the prices quoted.

if i were to be providing a very good cache server i certainly would not be answering those requesting locals only.

running a pure local server will bring you down to minimal clients on each card.

most people on here couldnt tell their arse from their elbow when asking for servers, how are you intending to tell the difference between a local only server and a cache server ?

I will tell you! The channels on cache server freeze on certain channels a lot especially less used ones plus ones and the odd main ones and I’ve tested no end all the same, but still worth every penny in my eyes! As on to one that uses local cards you will know straight away from not one glitch on less chosen channels and secondly you will know as the price will be from £100 to £80 unlike the cache server £30. But local cards are hard to come by as you have less available spaces! But take nothing away from cache cards and if people are that bothered about freezing channels get iptv added so can run along side it so you have the best of both for a fraction of the proper cost

Yes mate basically you are , I’m not getting into a drama button bashing me personally had it on discovery hd sometimes black screen and box nation also, but every area is different 1hr up the road my mates is sound!
I’m happy what I’ve got and half the other people wouldn’t know if it was cache server or not like @lamblamb said. But to be honest I couldn’t give a flying Fock I’m happy and that’s what matters £80 all in pow

Tbh I don't get difference my self as I'm not in a cabled area but presume it would be same with sat lines and iptv all these demands people put makes me fekkin laugh if want near on 99% glitch free I'm sure vm and sly got some great deals on for new customers unless I don't understand this thread at all lol

+ other things can come into play with freezing issues,box,setup,cabling ,image bugs and online image updates.
My solo2 is freezing a lot and is not down to server cables but possibly an image update and settings restored.
My service is sat only.
Cable servers are getting very few and non existing in some places as future is unknown.

Almost all of them requesting IPTV stipulate 'no resellers' as if they have a clue....does anyone really think that someone who has his own iptv setup is going to roam around in here attempting to make £20 a day?
EVERYONE offering iptv subs here is a reseller, so please lets stop this garbage.

Likewise, almost all cable servers offered here are cache servers, you may like to think you're on a local cards server but the chances are, it's a cache server, some are better than others, if you take a test and some +1's aren't working too well, try another test, or use Freesat/Freeview.

No idea why anyone wants to pay for a sub in order to watch 'This is Gateshead+1'

There are some really good cache servers around with very little freezing. I'm lucky to have found one after having issues for the past 6months with my previous provider who continually fobbed me off telling me it was connection or network issues - when he knew all along that his server was and still is having issues. Its providers like him that give cache servers a bad name.

Both have their pro's and cons

to be honest the price of a server with local cards may be expensive compared to a cache server but compared to an official sub it's still mega cheap.

Cache servers are known to have issues with caches expiring on lower used channels,, in the same way when you access a web page, it is cached on your pc so next time you access it it loads quicker, if there is a change OR if the cache expires the page is loaded from the web server and takes longer, albeit just seconds. on a cache server when the cache expires the cache server has to fetch the info from the peer. This causes the freezing. on popular channels users may see a freeze rarely as 1 person may have a freeze for a few seconds once, and then the next time the cache expires it will effect another user, if there are just a couple of people watching a channel then there is more chance that the cache has expired when their box gets the info so see more freezing.

If one peer goes down then cache servers normally have other peers to fall on.

If you ask a cache server provider if they are showing a box office boxing event, they are likely to just say yes, when they really don't know as they have no control over it. As we have seen recently cache servers are now having issues and the boxing on SBO is not clearing.

On a server with local cards then cache doesn't come into, but there are other issues, each local card can only deal with a certain number of channels at any one time, if that is exceeded then the request to the card is queued and this then causes a freeze/delay in clearing. In the past this would not be an issue as if there where more channels being viewed then the owner could get additional cards but that is an option these days.

If you ask a provider with local cards if you will get the boxing on SBO they can tell you if they have indeed subscribed to it or not. If they haven't your question will prompt them to subscribe to the event. If they have subscribed then you know you will be able to watch it.

If there server with local cards crashes for any reason then the channels will go dark until the server comes back up. Normally this is very rare

If you don't watch the lesser watch channels or if you're happy to switch from the box to freeview on the TV to watch the lesser channels and are not bothered about watching the SBO boxing then a cache server is perfectly fine, if you watch/record the lesser channels a lot or are a boxing fan then the extra £1/week it costs for a local card server is probably worth it.

in three years, two PPV fights haven't shown on cache servers. these did show on Local cards servers, so that extra pound per week equates to £156
They could have got the two missing fights legitimately and still had change.
Also as @cactikid stated above, when people refuse to update images and follow any kind of instructions they'll always have problems, as their new suppliers will find out, if they ever get a reply from their suppliers that is :unsure:

in three years, two PPV fights haven't shown on cache servers. these did show on Local cards servers, so that extra pound per week equates to £156
They could have got the two missing fights legitimately and still had change.
Also as @cactikid stated above, when people refuse to update images and follow any kind of instructions they'll always have problems, as their new suppliers will find out, if they ever get a reply from their suppliers that is :unsure:
But it was the last two, or 2 of the last 3 events that didn't clear, as I said in my post recently they haven't cleared on cache servers. 3 years in c/s isnt recent, it's a lifetime. And to get the 2 fights legitimately they would have had to sign up to sat or virgin and be tied to a 12 or 18 month contract, so the cost would have been more than your £156 figure.

Yes keeping images up to date is important for all sorts of reasons but generally as abm is up to date and your cable signal is good then you shouldn't get freezing on lesser used channels, you will also in my experience providers of servers with local cards are more likely to respond as they have far more invested in the service but you will always get providers that do not reply and those that reply in miunutes be it a cache provider or a local card provider.

The last one before this one that didn't clear on cache servers was around 12 months ago, all the others before and since have cleared fine.
Yes they, or someone they know would need a genuine sat or vm box to order it.
There were disruptions on all cache servers recently, almost all are now resolved, but local cards servers arent without their own problems neither, as you state above, if too many try to view the same channel at the same time, it will freeze.
As has already been mentioned there is no shortage of people who are not interested in any suggestions and instead prefer to blame the line/server without attempting to help themselves, using antique software and wrong netid, ancient softcams and ABM etc, also using single use lines in multiple devices because they "got mixed up", using cheap nasty splitters and cables and no end of other mistakes and then they blame the line
generally as abm is up to date and your cable signal is good then you shouldn't get freezing on lesser used channels,
Bingo, this is exactly what i've been saying, half the people complaining about how bad everything is have terrible power levels and crappy setups, snr below 34 when above 38 is normal, dbmv of -10 when it's a minimum of -6 and they flatly refuse to do anything about it, how is anyone supposed to run a VM line like this? - i have screenshots of this from lots of people on this forum who cannot work out why their box 'don't work quite rite' because it means doing something, when doing nothing is far easier.
Try running HD iptv using dialup and you'll get similar results, but all you need to do is blame the provider and there'll be no shortage of people with ulterior motives queueing up to load the bullets in order to try and make a few quid, no change there

Last edited:
There were disruptions on all cache servers recently, almost all are now resolved, but local cards servers arent without their own problems neither, as you state above, if too many try to view the same channel at the same time, it will freeze.
NOT true, yes all servers aren't without possible issues, the number of users watching a channel doesn't cause issues, it's if the total number of channels being watched exceed the capacity of the number of local cards that causes issues, ie 100 users watching 1 channel is fine, 100 people each watching different channels may cause issues if not enough local cards.
As has already been mentioned there is no shortage of people who are not interested in any suggestions and instead prefer to blame the line/server without attempting to help themselves, using antique software and wrong netid, ancient softcams and ABM etc, also using single use lines in multiple devices because they "got mixed up", using cheap nasty splitters and cables and no end of other mistakes and then they blame the line
to be honest, unless it's someone new to these boxes the netid isn't going to be wrong, as I say as long as abm is up to date other software on box shouldn't have an effect, older softcam versions still work fine,

It's also a sign of a poor provider who says 'the problem is affecting every cable provider' or 'no cable provider is showing the boxing' or 'it's your end as the server is fine'. Those types of responses are dead giveaways of a bad provider, cache or local card.

Last edited:
as we are not allowed to post on server requests unless it is for a request,

can any one tell me, especially those who are requesting them,

why on earth do you think that anyone providing a cache server is going to be shite?

there really must be some misguided idea that there are loads of people running cache servers who cannot provide a decent service.

if you luckily manage to get a server running on pure locals you are going to shite yourselves at the prices quoted.

if i were to be providing a very good cache server i certainly would not be answering those requesting locals only.

running a pure local server will bring you down to minimal clients on each card.

most people on here couldnt tell their arse from their elbow when asking for servers, how are you intending to tell the difference between a local only server and a cache server ?

I salute you on raising this thread and its well overdue imho. We are all entitled to our opinions but we now have a trend which has started. The copy and pasting of someones previous request for a new connection to the services required. Getting involved in this thread means being honest and I will. When I started the Enigma 2 crusade I never once thought of requesting a connection for plus 1 channels and to this day I still have no reason why I would watch them. I may stumble across one after starting on my second bottle of white wine. Does it annoy me? no it doesn't and I skip past the channel. My main objective in purchasing a Enigma 2 box was so I didn't need to pay Mr Murdoch or Branson for premium channels and not the FTA as Pablo has stated above. A great thread started by a long term user on the forum, well done Lamblamb.

I salute you on raising this thread and its well overdue imho. We are all entitled to our opinions but we now have a trend which has started. The copy and pasting of someones previous request for a new connection to the services required. Getting involved in this thread means being honest and I will. When I started the Enigma 2 crusade I never once thought of requesting a connection for plus 1 channels and to this day I still have no reason why I would watch them. I may stumble across one after starting on my second bottle of white wine. Does it annoy me? no it doesn't and I skip past the channel. My main objective in purchasing a Enigma 2 box was so I didn't need to pay Mr Murdoch or Branson for premium channels and not the FTA as Pablo has stated above. A great thread started by a long term user on the forum, well done Lamblamb.
I'm with you about the +1 channels, why would you want to watch them? if you can't record the show on the normal channel then watch on catchup via e2istream or something.

I was just using the plus ones as example tbh, but I’ve had bbc 2 and discovery hd mtv kids channels also! I want a box and line that does all on vm rather than switching through it and having another cable/Ariel to sort out! I take nothing away from cache servers as I must have been getting Shite servers as @lamblamb said. But it’s down to the way you want your box to run, I want it just like vermin exactly and if it costs me extra £50 quid a year to have it perfect I’d rather pay that extra £1 a week less as my other was £30 now pay £80 for the satisfaction of not freezing on a music channel and get moaned at by the missus

Ah Graham19811981 now you involve the missus, I feel your pain lol. As I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this but when you see the request threads showing the copy and pasting of previous posters and they actually don't have a clue what they're looking for its both funny and annoying at the same time. How many of these Tekkers have been told of locals being used and scudded for £80, when its a cache server. How would they know??
And without doubt you have the new box users coming in and need lots of help flashing etc and setting up, only to find their splitter or cables are poor and as stated above blame the provider immediately, are the providers wrong to say they have no issues their end as many would be complaining about the service.......
I get the Tekkers who have invested in top of the range VU boxes for example who pretty much want to replicate a tivo or V6, but for me its all about the premium channels as I can get the others fta

Cache server or not just think of money everyone saves each month from Sly to cable to iptv even the genuine sly cable has freezing and glitching I don't know much about cable but from what I've seen in request thread some people must think there talking to sales team of those mentioned why bother with +1 is beyond me not when we have on demand now days but that's my thoughts on servers if I'm in the wrong please state my sat line freezes from time to time on channels but I couldn't give a shite as save on money each month and iptv sorts it out for me when channels freeze on sly as for cable I would love a cable line but no cable in my street as its like living in detroit in my area lol

Back