local cards and cache servers?

If one or two people out of over 450 are having problems and the other 448 aren't, is it still the server?
What software do you recommend to fix this?
And at 8:23 you stated that the more channels are requested will cause freeze on local cards? so the more users it had makes it more unstable?
The recent troubles did affect all cache servers, i have ten different lines on different servers and they were all affected, this is pure coincidence?
the boxing wasnt showing on any of them by the way.
Its up to the individual, most want to pay five quid a year and get perfection 100% of the time when theyre not going to get this even if they pay £80 as you have explained

And at 8:23 you stated that the more channels are requested will cause freeze on local cards? so the more users it had makes it more unstable?
I did say that about channels, but remember there are only a certain number of channels that can be watched no matter how many users are watching them. The issue arrises as new channels are added to cable and exceed the capacity of all the local cards the server has.
The recent troubles did affect all cache servers, i have ten different lines on different servers and they were all affected, this is pure coincidence?
the boxing wasnt showing on any of them by the way.
If you're having to run 10 lines from cache servers then that says a lot about them.
Its up to the individual, most want to pay five quid a year and get perfection 100% of the time when theyre not going to get this even if they pay £80 as you have explained
Totally agree with you here, most people are unrealistic.

I think folk are missing the point in why users request servers that have the plus 1s working. It's not that they actually watch them, it is that they are under the (possibly misguided) impression that a server that has plus 1s working well will be a solid, probably local card rather than cache server. Other than scouring the logs, which most wont do and won't understand anyway, then it's one way for folk to try and differentiate between the two.

People just want to get the best they can for their money, but I agree users have to have realistic expectations. It would also help if providers were up front about their service (again within realistic expectations).

i don't run ten lines, i run one line permanently, it's all that is required
I took test lines on ten different servers so that i could check what was happening, they were all the same, and none had the boxing on

I previously had local cards from a friend. One N:line was issued and never “ever” had a glitch, with the removal of sly sports HD on vermin C/S and selected PPV events not clearing on vermin due to cardless V6. Its not worth it via CAM.
Most have moved forward with what we call IP*V nowadays. No 3pm footie in UK with vermin C/S.
Vermin cards are still important on delivery to domains, but now you get better sly sports frame rate on IP*V than vermin.
When NowTV go 50fps its the new era we enter, although that can be picked up on other 1080p streams with english commentary. Even of recent im seeing live 4K output.

In the real world you pay pea-nuts a monkey will deliver the service.
TV service is no exception.

as we are not allowed to post on server requests unless it is for a request,

can any one tell me, especially those who are requesting them,

why on earth do you think that anyone providing a cache server is going to be shite?
there really must be some misguided idea that there are loads of people running cache servers who cannot provide a decent service.
People probably ask for the best they can get, (Not wanting Re-Sellers for example?) because there is that many threads or there own experience that it glitches and think its down to the suppliers end.
(I for one have no idea on that and I think someone who supply's could shed light to educate the masses out there?)
Maybe another post by yourself or others to help people understand the faults that could happen including glitches and all other problem loosely explained in this thread.
So by asking for whatever in the request thread is them just not knowingly but trying to get the best service they can?

if you luckily manage to get a server running on pure locals you are going to shite yourselves at the prices quoted.

Once again just un-educated people asking for something they know nothing much on the way its run from a suppliers end. And why they ask for no re-sellers is simply because of the problems they receive whether its glitching or other issues? Anyone who has taken IPTV knows there is going to be problems.
Whether its equipment/glitches server overload or whatever its no point in saying its fine my end and no help given.
Once again education is the best option and letting the end customer understand why things happen?
Some one with time and effort could put something together so it helps people understand.

most people on here couldnt tell their arse from their elbow when asking for servers, how are you intending to tell the difference between a local only server and a cache server ?
If thats the case there is no reason to worry about the request thread, In your own question you have answered most of what people think and why they ask for the earth when requesting.

Once again most people don,t have tons of monies sat around to get sky/cable and they resort to something that they think is going to be as good as. (IPTV old CS share/cable or anything what they can afford so they don,t miss out because they can,t afford it? :()
We live in a a society that want everything and anything, The best of best, Its just a question of trying to get something for as little has possible.

I have 2 lines running on my box - 1 a 'cache server' and 1 recently from 'local server'. the cache has been spot on for the past year and a bit, For £30 for a year have the price of a sub for 1 month worth of VM who is anyone to argue.

I have added a 'local card server' to my newcamd.list file mainly because I wanted to watch the boxing on Saturday night. its under my 'cache server' line on newcamd.list but when I get the soft cam menu up it seems to always be running the local card.

I am going to be keeping both lines active on my box for as long as is possible because I am more than happy with the service both are offering me.

Its very hard these days to find a server for cable that uses local cards, a few friends are trying to find one at the minute, without success, one is looking mgcamd and the other , who is an old member on here is trying for a H9.H2 arm box, the majority of cache servers have no problems with the sports, movies, sky one, living etc, ok channels like CH4 HD, Regional ITV and BBC Channels, plus one channels have problems but anyone thats running a combo box with cable and sat can switch the glitchy or freezing cable channels with the sat versions, or at least move them from sat onto your cable bouquet, then move them alongside your cable channel, this would be the best thing to do if you cant find that local card server, or if you dont want to pay the extra few quid more, then a decent cache server is for you, and for the ppv boxing fans , then throw a decent iptv service on alongside your cache server line, even with the 2 prices combined it is still much cheaper than the genuine rip off prices from VM and Sky, I would rather have a local cards server, but if I dont get any success with getting a new local cards, then I will still be able to do as I have stated above with the VM cache server, sat and iptv, at the end of the day its still far far cheaper than the genuine sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 lines running on my box - 1 a 'cache server' and 1 recently from 'local server'. the cache has been spot on for the past year and a bit, For £30 for a year have the price of a sub for 1 month worth of VM who is anyone to argue.

I have added a 'local card server' to my newcamd.list file mainly because I wanted to watch the boxing on Saturday night. its under my 'cache server' line on newcamd.list but when I get the soft cam menu up it seems to always be running the local card.

I am going to be keeping both lines active on my box for as long as is possible because I am more than happy with the service both are offering me.
Use both lines in oscam and it will give you the best connection with the lowest ecms and see how they run.

Back